Wanting to get locals from another area on Dish

eph9422

Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Moved to zip code 72712 from 75006 and got Dish. Want to get the locals from 75006. Called Dish to change my service address to an address in 75006. They said I'd need another satellite that they'd have to install. Is this true or are they just trying to confirm that I'm actually moving?

Thanks.

I asked for channels in the Lexington, KY market, instead of the Charleston, WV market, because I live in eastern KY currently. Went to a cousins house in a neighboring county and saw on their cable system, channels from both the Charleston, WV market and Lexington, KY markets. I asked DN if I could have the local channels from both markets or just let me have the Lexington locals, because I am closer to Lexington, KY instead of Charleston, WV. I sent a request via E-mail about 2 months ago and no response yet.

I asked for channels in the Lexington, KY market, instead of the Charleston, WV market, because I live in eastern KY currently. Went to a cousins house in a neighboring county and saw on their cable system, channels from both the Charleston, WV market and Lexington, KY markets. I asked DN if I could have the local channels from both markets or just let me have the Lexington locals, because I am closer to Lexington, KY instead of Charleston, WV. I sent a request via E-mail about 2 months ago and no response yet.

Never going to happen, Dish can only supply for your dma and no other. Rules for cable and satellite are different.

Never going to happen, Dish can only supply for your dma and no other. Rules for cable and satellite are different.

Slash because they lost the lawsuit a year ago about distants, they can not provide significantly viewed either.

Best bet is to go OTA if that is an option, where you pull your OTA of your local and then 'move' to another DMA.

Slash because they lost the lawsuit a year ago about distants, they can not provide significantly viewed either.

Best bet is to go OTA if that is an option, where you pull your OTA of your local and then 'move' to another DMA.

when you 'move' how do you get around them wanting to install a dish at the new location?