Was about to leave DISH for Direct. I'm not sure after doing more research.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv has always been a 10 foot interface, and as such those 'big fat screen-wasting font sizes' are necessary. So is the lack of clutter that would otherwise be added by a 3 hour (and especially a 6 hour - wtf, seriously?) guide. Most people sit the proper distance from their TV, and therefore don't view those 'big fat fonts' as a waste of screen space.

Thanks for providing your usual expertise. I will now figure out exactly what the proper distance is that would make a 3 hour guide bad and the 1.5 hour one good. At 8 to 10', the 3 hours guide from Dish is more than good enough to read. I'll stick with actually sitting at the distance I prefer AND make negative comments about the 1.5 hour guide since I'm paying for it too.

Thanks for providing your usual expertise. I will now figure out exactly what the proper distance is that would make a 3 hour guide bad and the 1.5 hour one good. At 8 to 10', the 3 hours guide from Dish is more than good enough to read. I'll stick with actually sitting at the distance I prefer AND make negative comments about the 1.5 hour guide since I'm paying for it too.

Like I said. Something trivial to bitch about. Clearly you're in the minority here, otherwise they'd be working on appeasing your highness. But no, they've said flat out they are not changing it. They can see that there is zero (actually negative) value in it.

Like I said. Something trivial to bitch about. Clearly you're in the minority here, otherwise they'd be working on appeasing your highness. But no, they've said flat out they are not changing it. They can see that there is zero (actually negative) value in it.

Actually they haven't said they aren't changing it or going to offer the choice (which is what Dish does), they have said it won't be in the initial rollout.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)