Was refused subscription from dishnetwork

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

renegadeh

Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
NY
Hi all
I bought a receiver from eBay and wanted to get an account but rep told me he was getting a receiver error when he tried create my account. Shortly after that I was told that my DP301 is obsolete and can not be activated. Has anyone experienced something like this? I know few people that still use these receiver. Did dish stop subscribing new customers with these receivers?

Hi all
I bought a receiver from eBay and wanted to get an account but rep told me he was getting a receiver error when he tried create my account. Shortly after that I was told that my DP301 is obsolete and can not be activated. Has anyone experienced something like this? I know few people that still use these receiver. Did dish stop subscribing new customers with these receivers?

Too bad you did not check here first. In NY, you are in the Eastern Arc, which Sats transmit solely MPEG4 format. The 301 is MPEG2, and will not work there. In the Western Arc, which is both 2 & 4, it would work. For an equivalent to the 301, you would need a VIP211.

Yep 301 will only work on western arch.. Even with that it is only going to work for a few more months.. Then it will be shut down also..

I just acitaved 3 301 receivers yesterday on an account in Il. so I guess it/s up to who answers phone

In NY, you are in the Eastern Arc, which Sats transmit solely MPEG4 format. The 301 is MPEG2, and will not work there.

actually.......we need more info. You are jumping to conclusions again ;)
The 301 is SD. Since the OP is trying to activate it under a new account most markets in NY (even NYC) will work fine with a 110/119 setup. You dont need Eastern Arc. Actually checking the list, ALL New York markets are on WA in SD so the receiver would work

This is all under the judgement that "NY" in his profile is truly NY and not Northern "Northern" NY or somewhere else out of the country

I know they can still activate 301's. Matt (Dish team) said they still can but if you replace a unit they give you a 311

I just acitaved 3 301 receivers yesterday on an account in Il. so I guess it/s up to who answers phone

Hmm. You're probably right. We haven't tried since they told us not to. I know they won't RA them at all anymore. We tried that. :)

And like Scott said, they won't be good for much longer anyway.

Your title for you post is completely inaccurate. They did not refuse you service, they just said the old cheap crappy receiver you bought on Ebay is no longer supported! A better title for you post would have been "Is the 301 receiver still supported". Staff, somebody change that because it is very unfair.

Thanks all.
Technically speaking DP301 will still work on NY its just DISH refuses to activate them?
311 should be activated without any problems right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)