Was the post about @max a hoax?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thrillpac

Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Sorry if this is old news or if I am missing it, but I have searched for the "Samsung" thread about the new channels coming and I cannot find it anymore.

Was it removed?

Again, I apologize if I am just missing it.

Indeed.

It was consolidated and closed, and the author was banned. I think mostly because a lot of people who were participating in it were embarrassed at having been pwn3d.

Indeed.

It was consolidated and closed, and the author was banned. I think mostly because a lot of people who were participating in it were embarrassed at having been pwn3d.

I was actually giving him the benifit of it possibly being true.

Last night the original samsunghd poster put up a narative describing his posts as a hoax to bring us to religon. Enough said, I removed the religious stuff and closed the thread. We banned the user.

This morning a new account was started and has a similar inside info type post, from the same IP address.

We took a more aggressive step and banned the IP entirely. This also removed the previous thread from view.

So, we had a cochroach, and we stepped on it, then later poured gas on it and lit. :D

That sucks! i was hoping the stuff samsung was saying were true. :mad:

.......Religion? I'm sorry could you please repost part of that if at all possible? I HAVE to see how he figured that putting up fake information about new D* channels could somehow be parlayed into spreading a religious message.

.......Religion? I'm sorry could you please repost part of that if at all possible? I HAVE to see how he figured that putting up fake information about new D* channels could somehow be parlayed into spreading a religious message.

exactly. i'm a religious man myself and it has no part in these forums. much less using for lying to others on a sat forum! ridiculous.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. I figured his shenanigans were too good to be true. And I am with you Yourbeliefs... how the heck can you possibly rationalize spreading your religion by lying to everyone. Kinda destroys your credability don't you think? (not that spewing any religious banter on a satellite forum really would gain you any anyway)

basically he was accusing us all of the sin of sloth, because we are obsessed with sitting on our butts all the time watching every tv channel that's available.

basically he was accusing us all of the sin of sloth, because we are obsessed with sitting on our butts all the time watching every tv channel that's available.

Oh please... now I MUST read this... I'm not that familiar with vBulletin and getting deleted messages, but it's been my experience that nothing in databases gets deleted, and I mean if it takes going directly to the DB to get this, I will GLADLY donate $10 to the site (that will NOT be credited towards Pub Membership renewal) if it takes that sort of work to get this posting back...:wave

LOL! :haha that's funny. it's better to obsess over tv than obsess with drugs or other illegal activity. at least what we do here doesn't harm anyone.

Jump the Shark is a classic.

If memory serves me, I believe that there were a few people all over this samsung guy's grill the entire time. They have got to feel pretty good now. :D

I always love it when these wacko religious types feel like they are really sticking it to us by spreading falsities and then chastising us. It is unfortunate though, because it is people like this, that give the rest of us who may believe in their religions but are not holier than though, a bad name.

I'm going to start a post that says, "More HD Coming to D*!" and then in the body I'll put "Eventually."

Would that be considered a hoax? ;p

As i recall, I said I thought his posts were lies from the start and I was berated by some. You can't just listen to anyone who just wanders in here. There has to be some credibility to to what the author says.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)