Watch a show from the bedroom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fl_Gulfer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Fl. Gulf
I have 2 HD DVR's 20-700's one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom. The one in the livingroom is getting full. Is there any way that I can start recording shows in the bedroom and connect a cable to the livingroom to watch these shows? Or do I have to disconnect the bedroom DVR and drag it to the livingroom to watch them.

Thanks For Having Me Here
Jack;)

Sure, use one of the other outputs on the BR unit and run the cable to the LR. Then use a remote extender to control the BR unit from the LR.

I think they are too far apart for a RCA type hookup. The ethernet cables arn't active yet for something like that?

Just be advised that your image (assuming you're set up for HD) will be in SD and it will be squeezed horizontally at your secondary viewing site. I use my HD DVR on my main TV (Vizio HD) and then use an RF modulator to send the signal to our exercise room. Image is OK, but not what you would expect from a rec'vr of that quality.:cool:

This would be a very expensive option, but I wired my apt for it (land lord gave me a break on rent) You can get rca compression fittings from lowes or homedepot and then use rg6 cable, I ran 5 cables from my living room up into the attic, then down into my m bedroom and into those nifty levaton module wall plates. then jumpers from the wall into my tv. then just switch the mb tv input to component and the screen from my hr23 in the liv is on my mb tv. RF remotes work great, I just carry it with me, its not real far as im on a second floor apt. This is also dependant on your home layout, and I guess the fact that im a D* Tech helps me with supplies, but yea, its possible. (HD works this way as well)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)