Watch Apple livestream its iPhone 5S, 5C announcement here

I didn't expect the iPhone 5 to go away completely! So instead of lowering the iPhone 5 price, like previous years, they switch you to the plastic 5c if you want to use previous year model at a lower price. Most people are not going to care about fingerprint unlock or faster processor. A fancier camera is just more trouble for them. But now if they want to go with iPhone 5, they will have to buy the colored plastic version...

I for the first time am unsure what I am going to do.

I always upgrade, but honestly what am I getting that makes it worth upgrading to?

I currently use my iPhone to take snapshots, and it does a good job for me now. Sure a better camera would take better pictures, but how much better?

Its got a 64 Bit processor... whats this mean to me? I like to watch my Slingboxes on my iPhone, check my mail, use SatelliteGuys and play Minion Rush. Will the iPhone 5S do any of these things better because it has a 64 bit CPU? This again I am unsure about. I think because this is the 1st generation 64 Bit CPU we are not going to see much of a difference between the two until the next generation 64 bit CPU comes a long.

It has a finger print reader to unlock the phone... and for this one I would like to see what the software can do, as my son uses my phone and I would like him to be able to unlock the phone and play his games, however I dont want his fingerprint being able to buy stuff from the Apple store. If I can use the software to give people access to certain things without giving them access to other things or app then I might like that.

Silver or Gold Back... sure I would like Gold, but who cares when you put it in a case you don't see the back anyways...

Will I be standing in line on the 20th buying a 5S? Probably not. But will I pick one up somewhere down the line? Probably.

I wonder how accurate and reliable that fingerprint scanner will be. THAT'S an in depth review I want to read!

The fingerprint scanner could become a very handy feature, especially if it can be used with many other apps and websites as a password manager. However, it can turn out to be just a gimmick, if it is not very reliable or if it's quickly hacked.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The fingerprint scanner could become a very handy feature, especially if it can be used with many other apps and websites as a password manager. However, it can turn out to be just a gimmick, if it is not very reliable or if it's quickly hacked.

http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+Anno...it+A7+Processor+and+Touch+ID/article33340.htm

Perhaps the biggest new feature of the iPhone 5S, however, is the new "Touch ID" fingerprint sensor. The sensor is 170 microns thin and has a 550ppi resolution to read sub-epidermal skin layers. The sensor of course is integrated into the smartphone's Home button. Unlocking your phone is now as simple as touching your finger to the home button (multiple fingerprints are supported). Your fingerprint can also be used to verify your identity to purchase apps instead of entering your password.

Thankfully, the fingerprint data is only store on the device, and is never uploaded to Apple's servers (it won't even be backed up to iCloud).

It looks like it could be a bit more secure than what people expect by reading sub epidermal layers. A wet picture of the finger probably will not work, or a rubber cast. I am not saying that it could not be faked, but it is not going to be getting a fingerprint off another object (like a glass) and making a dummy finger to unlock.

If they're really good, they'll have it detect moving blood inside. I've heard of some high security locks doing that. Discourages removing fingers.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7308/apple-iphone-5s-hands-on-video

Hands on video, shows how the new camera works. Wow 10fps continuous shooting is crazy. Show the fingerprint reader. Apparently you tap once to turn on then put your finger on to unlock. Shows how to add a fingerprint, looking at the screen looks like a toggle for unlocking the phone and itunes purchases are separate, but I could not tell if separate per fingerprint (i.e. your fingerprint does both, but your kid's only unlocks).

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't think the fingerprint scanner would be available for any 3rd party app. The last thing that Apple wants is to have millions of iPhone users fingerprints stolen from a 3rd party developer's server. When your password get stolen, you change it. You can't change your fingers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts