Watch Apple livestream its iPhone 5S, 5C announcement here

Why would you expect them to be the same? The 5C has the processor of the 5; the 5S has the A7,M7, fingerprint, camera..

Still, it's time for them to start upping the storage space for our $200. They are upgrading everything else... Why not storage? Storage prices are coming down so it would be a nice gesture for them to start making 32GB the base model at $199.00, 64GB at $299, and 128GB at $399. I'm probably skipping this model so it won't really affect me but I hope they bump up the storage on the iPhone 6.

Wonder how quickly you can fill the phone with pictures. The thing that is going to suck is getting rid of all the photos you don't want. :D

Believe it or not, you will probably end up keeping all of the pictures. I have burst mode on my Galaxy Note II and it is only 6fps. Still I ended up taking most action shot with it. It is so easy to find a good picture within the few seconds you hold the button, but if you keep all the pictures, you get to press the Play button to play them like a cartoon. It is pretty cool to see your son kicking a soccer ball or doing a karate kick. So you just post that 1 great mid air kick picture on Facebook and keep the rest so you get a complete set! Pretty soon you end up getting 64GB micro SD card for external storage... oh wait, the iPhone doesn't have external storage! Only my Note II has it.. hahaha :p

I was hoping they would announce a bigger iPhone. I guess it will be a while for I go back. I used to have the Motorola Atrix for a bit and it had a nice fingerprint scanner in it. It worked well for me.

I was watching this off and on at work.

The 64-bit processor has no practical value at this time. There isn't even 4GB of RAM let alone more than 4. Great future proofing though.

At the rate they aren't upgrading memory it might be the iPhone 10 that passes the 32 bit barrier. ;-)

To be honest, the chip has potential interest in data center environments. Think ultra dense servers with very low power and large memory. Could be awesome for scale out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I was hoping they would announce a bigger iPhone. I guess it will be a while for I go back. I used to have the Motorola Atrix for a bit and it had a nice fingerprint scanner in it. It worked well for me.

There was NO reason to expect a bigger phone, one year after the 5, when the rumor cycle was almost entirely dead-on.

There was NO reason to expect a bigger phone, one year after the 5, when the rumor cycle was almost entirely dead-on.

With all do respect I'm not a fanboy. I don't follow every Apple rumor. I don't check tech sites every day. Sorry to disappoint. To me it's a phone. Not a way of life. I've loved the ones I've had but to me iOS got stale. I moved on.

I know its hard to believe that some people don't follow everything Apple. I am one that does not.

With all do respect I'm not a fanboy. I don't follow every Apple rumor. I don't check tech sites every day. Sorry to disappoint. To me it's a phone. Not a way of life. I've loved the ones I've had but to me iOS got stale. I moved on.

I know its hard to believe that some people don't follow everything Apple. I am one that does not.

My point was not that you have to follow all the apple sites; if you follow any of the general tech sites - OR the threads posted in this forum - basically everything that was announced was identified before hand.

My point was not that you have to follow all the apple sites; if you follow any of the general tech sites - OR the threads posted in this forum - basically everything that was announced was identified before hand.

I'll be honest I don't follow any sites or this thread that much. I found out on a news site about Apples announcement today. So I came on here and checked it out. This is like my 4th or 5th post in this part of the forum.

Thanks for posting key points in this thread.
Kept me from bothering to watch the show.
Surprised there are two models for US consumption.
Think that's to market-test cheap vs expensive?
Maybe marketing couldn't decide which way to go? :)
Actually, it's probably a brilliant strategy to sew up a larger market share with the two devices.
Something the competition isn't doing.
Anyway, kudos to Apple!
Just means more 4S's getting traded in (my upgrade). ;)

Market watch-
This is for those who wanted to get in on owning some Apple stock, the market took a huge dip following the product announcements yesterday, losing $40 a share. This pattern has been quite consistent over the past 10 product announcement cycles. Selling the stock at the peak in the beginning of the announcement when it peaks, then buy it back the next morning. during the next 3-4 weeks the stock should regain the short sell position as reports of strong sales get translated to new record highs in profit dollars.

Of course nothing is ever guaranteed to repeat history, especially with outside events affecting the outcome, but 10 cycles seems like a slam dunk to profits for a short term trade.

Tip- If you decide to jump in, please do not use market orders. Set the price you wish to pay with a "Limit" order. Market order is a good way to get burned on price but guaranteed to purchase the shares. The only risk you have with a Limit order is you don't get in if the price turns and goes up higher than your limit. I generally only buy Apple during the day after announcements as the price is artificially low. It's like going to the store when they run a big sale. Today's sale is 6% off. :)

I was watching this off and on at work.

The 64-bit processor has no practical value at this time. There isn't even 4GB of RAM let alone more than 4. Great future proofing though.

At the rate they aren't upgrading memory it might be the iPhone 10 that passes the 32 bit barrier. ;-)

To be honest, the chip has potential interest in data center environments. Think ultra dense servers with very low power and large memory. Could be awesome for scale out.

Well 32bit a lot of times means 2GB - 4GB, it depends on how they mapped memory. XP could only use 3GB for example. I could see them hitting the limit soon perhaps in an iPad?

Well 32bit a lot of times means 2GB - 4GB, it depends on how they mapped memory. XP could only use 3GB for example. I could see them hitting the limit soon perhaps in an iPad?

In *nix its whether memsize is signed (2 GB) or unsigned (4 GB) int.

The virtue of a signed value is that you can get easily detect an overflow condition. If the value goes negative its an overflow.

If they're really good, they'll have it detect moving blood inside. I've heard of some high security locks doing that. Discourages removing fingers.

Well apparently it does!

http://www.dailytech.com/iPhone+5S+...e+Sweaty+Fingers+Not+Allowed/article33365.htm

Apple even went so far as to point out that if a criminal hacked off your finger, they would be unable to unlock your phone. Apple says the Touch ID sensor searches for vitality signs to ensure that the finger is attached to the hand of a living person.

Been thinking about the 5C; basically it is a iPhone 5, and is now $100 less, but with a few new components, like a slightly better camera. So, while there were complaints that they killed the iPhone 5, they really didn't, just put it in a plastic case, at a $100 discount. I'll be curious to see how they breakdown in terms of sales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts