Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
The Morning Fix: Comcast and NBC dancing! A DVR-less DVR. ABC and CBS won't say hey to Jay. | Company Town | Los Angeles Times

Imagin loosing not only Versus, but your local NBC as well. The big 3 NYC, LA and Chicago are all owned and operated by NBC and covers 51 percent of the country (not litteraly but by population) This versus dispute could byte you in butt! I really dont think comcast should own NBC as how big does comast have to get before it has its hands dipped in everything from antitrust laws to having almost a monopoly.

What do you think?

I still don't see why it would matter?

Just because D* is feuding over Versus you don't see any effect on G4, E!, Style, the Golf channel, or any of the Comcast SportsNet channels.

I still don't see why it would matter?

Just because D* is feuding over Versus you don't see any effect on G4, E!, Style, the Golf channel, or any of the Comcast SportsNet channels.
I beg to differ i cant see my local MLB team and NBA team both are on comcast and playing games with loyal fans! CSNCA and CSNNW

I beg to differ i cant see my local MLB team and NBA team both are on comcast and playing games with loyal fans! CSNCA and CSNNW

With Comcast sports it is two party deal. The professional team holds a lot of the cards. They can just contact Fox Sports and start up a new station. Look at Chicago, they had Fox Sport Chicago and were convinced Comcast was better.

They can buy up NBC, personally don't see that but, it could happen. What happens when Verizon buy D*? Now Comcast has to look at the number of people who will lose there feed and advertising dollars.

bob you've become quite the troll my man. try to keep your emotions out of these subjects. your hatred has you searching for anything negative you can post about D*.

This wouldn't be just bad for DirecTV, it would be bad for all satellite and cable operators around the country.

Comcast Corp. has had some flirtations with General Electric Co.'s NBC Universal about acquiring a chunk of the entertainment giant, perhaps as much as half.
well at least they wouldn't completely own NBC for whatever that's worth. :)

This wouldn't be just bad for DirecTV, it would be bad for all satellite and cable operators around the country.
:up:up DirectTV experienced the first shot....all other providers are likely to get theirs in due time. An acquisition of NBCU by Comcast will further embolden Comcast and will likely hurt all pay-TV providers and consumers.

Watch out D* Comcast could own NBC

rey_1178;197533well at lea st they wouldn't completely own NBC for whatever that's worth. :)[/QUOTE said:
Under the proposed deal, Comcast would own 51% of the merged company. That's a controlling interest and is all they really need to call the shots.

With Comcast sports it is two party deal. The professional team holds a lot of the cards. They can just contact Fox Sports and start up a new station. Look at Chicago, they had Fox Sport Chicago and were convinced Comcast was better.

They can buy up NBC, personally don't see that but, it could happen. What happens when Verizon buy D*? Now Comcast has to look at the number of people who will lose there feed and advertising dollars.

CSN is better. They got 3 times as many live local shows and 4 times as much HD shows. I wish FS Detroit would become CSN Detroit. Then it'd have some local HD shows to watch besides live games. I wouldn't even mind paying a few cents extra a month.

The FCC would put some pretty major restrictions in place, I would think. Also, with content becoming such a huge portion of the Comcast portfolio, the content side isn't going to let the distribution side tell them what to do. NBCU channels will make less money without distribution. Sure, they'll use their size and Comcast to squeeze other providers, but likely not to the extent everyone is afraid of.

last time this something like this happend the other side threaten to buy dish network, to keep comcast out of the house the mouse built.

Maybe NBC should threaten to buy direct or dish lol .

last time this something like this happend the other side threaten to buy dish network, to keep comcast out of the house the mouse built.

Maybe NBC should threaten to buy direct or dish lol .

This isn't an unwanted bid. GE and Vivendi both want to sell NBCU.

Basically there are two different ways the industry is going: content + distribution, or video distribution + communications (see Verizon, AT&T). Personally, I'm of the old school thought of doing things that you're good at and that are related, so the way AT&T and Verizon are going with video + voice + data makes sense. Comcast should be buying a cell phone company that has wireless broadband instead of buying content. They're going to get locked out of the mobile pipes, and the pressure is going to come to the content side as all of this stuff moves to the internet. Now, granted, according to the reports on CNBC right now NBCU would be 51% controlled by comcast, and would swallow Comcast's current channels (E!, Vs, etc) and would be run as a separate company, but of course Comcast would be in complete control. It's going to be very interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)