Wavefrontier T 90???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blausaeed

Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I have a T 90 need lnb's for it. Would like to receive persian channels. Do I need circular or reverse polarity lnb's????

Thanks

You might check Lyngsat.com
They list the transponders and polarity
Look up the satellite, then the transponder (or channels) and you'll see the information.
To the left, with the frequency, will be a bold V, H, , (or R , L if circular)

Also have maps showing coverage area.
Just click on the column to the right marked: "beam"

Almost all the satellites for FTA use linear polarity. C-Band has some circular polarity sats but most of those are linear

Circular sats are for subscription services (Dish, Direct) and require their receivers

There are a lot of persian/arabic (I dont know if folks consider those the same) channels on 97W (G25/IA5/T5) which is a linear LNB

T 90???

Need lnb for my wavefrontier T 90. want to receive persian channels. Anyone wants to sell or have ideas where I can get a good deal???

merged threads together

check out the sponsers at the above. Sadoun & SatelliteAV have linear LNB's that will work just fine with that T90

Oh, you're in North America? My mistake for assuming. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I did not realize you were also asking which satellites had that programming.
As Iceberg said, over North America, such (Ku-band) satellites would all be linear, and not need reversed LNBs.

On the right side of this page are FTA channels listed by language.
Pick the languages you like. Should get you started.

For -much- more detail, once you know what you are going after, by all means use our own TheList, provided right here. :up

Reverse polarity lnb??? So confused!!!

I have a T90 wavefrontier ( i think it's toroidal). I want to receive persian channels and I already asked which lnb i should use. People said since it is on 97W a linear one is fine and would work. But I just called sadoun and the representative said since it is toroidal you have to use reverse polarity lnb. What am I suppose to do??????

Z20L LNB

Hi,

I spoke with a go satellite representative and he said that I need the Z20L to receive persian channels. Is that the only linear one I can use????

All the lnbf's on a toroidal dish have to be reverse polarity lnbf's . That's the way it's physically configured. So get a reverse polarity linear lnbf from Sadoun for your 97W setup. Just remember that all lnbf's on toroidal dishes have to be reverse polarity and you'll be just fine.
[edit] Should read that all CIRCULAR lnbf's on a torroidal dish need to be reverse polarity, because of the "mirroring reversal" effect of the toroidal dish. Linear lnbf's are not affected by the mirroring effect since Horizontal and Vertical mirrored are still Horizontal and Vertical. My confusion , too.
:)

Last edited:
To make it easier to help, you should probably stick with just this one thread.

The T-90 owners can recommend several good LNBs from various sources.
Any linear LNB (Standard or Universal as you prefer) which physically fits, will work fine, if it's the bird at 97° you are after.
You might be limited to physically smaller LNBs if you want other satellites very near that one.

If you'll search the FTA department of the forum here, you'll run across many threads discussing T-90 installs, and custom LNB modifications.
MOST HAVE PICTURES! Really good pictures - :up
I don't have a T-90, but would not have any trouble setting one up, if necessary. :)

Only Circular LNBs need to be reversed for use on a T-90.

Nope...!
You can use any Linear ku LNBF that will fit into the T90's lnb holder, or any ku Linear LNBF that you can modify a holder to work on the T90 dish....

All the lnbf's on a toroidal dish have to be reverse polarity lnbf's . That's the way it's physically configured. So get a reverse polarity linear lnbf from Sadoun for your 97W setup. Just remember that all lnbf's on toroidal dishes have to be reverse polarity and you'll be just fine.

:)
That's not true, you only need a Reversed lnbf for Circular satellites.....
Any ku Linear LNBF will work on the Torodial dish, as long as it fits the holder, or you modify a holder that will work with it....

voomvoom is correct

Linear LNB's work great on the T90.....you need the reverse polarity ones ONLY for circular LNB's

and for the 12th time....I'll go slow.....

You can use ANY linear LNB for Persian Channels on 97W

Reverse polarity LNB's are ONLY for circular sats which are mainly subscription services

If someone tells you otherwise, they are wrong. I guess both myself and voomvoom telling you 5 times ain't good enough????

Last edited:
Remember looking into a mirror.... say a car rear view mirror. The letter I or number 1 was still an up and down number/fugure and did not change to a dash. However, the left side did change to the right and the right to the left. This is the same for a satellite dish. The horizontal remain horizontal, and the vertical remain vertical, but the circular... like a letter C are changed. Look into a mirror and see what I am saying. Hold a paper to a mirror with the number 1. It is reversed left to right, but is still vertical. It did not change to horizontal, but a circular figure like a letter C changes to a backward letter. A regular LNBF is made for a single reflection, but the Wavefrontier dish has two reflections in the signal. (you can use two mirrors to demonstrate that it is reverse from a standard dish)
Now to through in one more twist, you can use a regular circular LNBF with the Wavefrontier dish, but you must remember that the polarities will be reversed as the signal is reflected one more time. i.e. left hand polarity changes to right hand and right hand polarity changes to left hand.

But to clarify... JUST BUY A STANDARD LNBF... (and try for yourself) Take heed of the others suggestions and buy one that is small for you can fit the necessary ones on your dish.

Those three links above in Iceberg's post, are into three different threads (it appears).
So, you might get more info or a warm feeling by clicking the proper icon once on those pages, to open up the threads and learn more.

Likewise, member JerryT has a T-90 in Florida, and has made some nice posts with many pictures.
Search using his name and T-90 and I'm sure you'll see more encouraging pictures.

Then, if you'lll notice in VoomVoom's avatar above, he's got a T-90, also.

Many other member have them, and may have also posted nice pictures.
All will help you get yours aligned.

In addition to all the other LNBs listed above, here's an inexpensive linear Universal you could get started with.
The company also sells a Standard model.
If you choose to order one, I'd probably get two or three.

Now, as to discussions of using Universal versus Standard LNBs, we have already got threads with illuminating info.
Or, if your needs are simple, ignore the question.

If you will want many LNBs to one or many receivers, we have a thread all about switches, over in the FAQ section.

If you can tell us why you chose the T-90, that would be helpful.
I assume you wanted to receive many satellites without a motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)