WBC shocker.....The Netherlands eliminates the Dominicans!

LMAO!! There is a HUGE difference of making comments about "camaraderie" and a "great experience"...and stating ...

...BIG difference....;)
You're funny. My point was to show that the U.S. players who are participating are into it. You can't fault them if the rest of the country doesn't seem to care.

You're funny. My point was to show that the U.S. players who are participating are into it. You can't fault them if the rest of the country doesn't seem to care.

Oh...believe me, I know they are into into it. You can see it in their eyes...it's "fun".;)

..but for a small country to beat the US in the game THEY INVENTED...like Endy said..."It's a party for like a month"!

Here some more proof as how much this tournament means to these guys:

Late in the game, after each successive inning in which the impossible really did happen, Netherlands first baseman Randall Simon paced around the area near his position and pleaded with his dead mother for a miracle. Simon's team had fought the powerful Dominican Republic team to a draw in Tuesday's elimination game, making it the night of the improbable, so who was to say she would not listen?

"If you're here with me," Simon said to her, "talk to the Lord, because these guys really deserve it."

How many guys pray to their pasted away mother to talk to GOD for a victory?!:eek:

The Netherlands team has truly made this WBC completely worth watching. It is just such a "feel good" story, isn't it?

That and the fact that Team USA has advanced to Round Two!!!

USA! USA! USA! USA!

I have a question. Does anyone care about this in The Netherlands? Over there this would be the equivilant of the US winning in curling or beating China in ping pong. Upset yes, but so what? I know they're jacked on Aruba or whatever islands these guys came from, but The Netherlands is in Europe.

I have a question. Does anyone care about this in The Netherlands? Over there this would be the equivilant of the US winning in curling or beating China in ping pong. Upset yes, but so what? I know they're jacked on Aruba or whatever islands these guys came from, but The Netherlands is in Europe.

Good question. I didn't realize the Dutch played beisbol until yesterday.

Good question. I didn't realize the Dutch played beisbol until yesterday.

I am under the assumption that they are also including all Dutch territories.

The Netherlands team has truly made this WBC completely worth watching. It is just such a "feel good" story, isn't it?

That and the fact that Team USA has advanced to Round Two!!!

USA! USA! USA! USA!

"How the hell did we come back in the 11th?" Netherlands reliever Rob Cordemans said. "I don't know how we did it. I don't even remember. I was just running all over the place. I don't even know what I'm saying."

What else was there to say? Instead of trying to explain, they danced and yelled at the top of their lungs. They hugged each other and poured water and soda and anything else they could find on each other. Soon each player was drenched or splattered with shaving cream.

"This is as exciting as winning a World Series," Blyleven said.
:eek:

I have been reading the newpapers in D.R. ...to say they are the national mourning!
I sort of feel sorry for them. DR is an impoverished nation and baseball is a great source of pride. This isn't like the mighty Soviets losing in the Olympics in 1980. That's why I asked do they even care in The Netherlands? How bad is that, to get upset in a 1 in a million way and then to do it to some country that could care less. DR doesn't deserve this shame. Venezuela, OTOH, does.

As a hockey fan, I remember when Belarus beat Sweden in 2002- that was a shocker with huge repercussions back in the land of meatballs.

That's another comparison I relate this upset to.

As a hockey fan, I remember when Belarus beat Sweden in 2002- that was a shocker with huge repercussions back in the land of meatballs.

That's another comparison I relate this upset to.

!!! Charles Barkley, is that you???? :)

Am I the only one who does not like NCAA Tournament Upsets?

NHL on Versus HD shows HD feeds we don't get on NHL Center Ice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)