Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Is there a possibility....

...that the heavily discussed WDTV Live could decipher a live transport stream the same way the VLC does from TS reader?

Theoretically....eliminating me having to sit at the PC to watch a 4:2:2 feed...instead....routing the .TS stream to the WDTV live and do it that way....or somehow transcode via VLC to WDTV. Curious.... :)

In the long run, trying to get a 4:2:2 feed to transcode to the WDTV live so I can watch it on my regular HDTV instead of the PC.

I've always hoped that someone would be able to port VLC to a 3rd party version of the WDTV Live firmware somehow. That could also be useful for those with the Silicon Dust HD Homerun...

Is there a possibility....

...that the heavily discussed WDTV Live could decipher a live transport stream the same way the VLC does from TS reader?

Theoretically....eliminating me having to sit at the PC to watch a 4:2:2 feed...instead....routing the .TS stream to the WDTV live and do it that way....or somehow transcode via VLC to WDTV. Curious.... :)

In the long run, trying to get a 4:2:2 feed to transcode to the WDTV live so I can watch it on my regular HDTV instead of the PC.

I don't know what this WDTV thing is, what is it?
Re watching 4.2.2 on TV, the Azbox is good for that, and it can also accept streams from TSREADER. For example, I just streamed one of the NASA 4.2.2 streams from TSREADER over to the Azbox for viewing.
Only problem is that the Azbox seems to have a bug limiting HTTP streaming to only about 12 mbps, which is unfortunate. But I guess for most people the streaming capability wouldn't be useful since the Azbox could tune the channels directly anyway. But I have some reasons why I would really like to be able to view a 4.2.2 stream that's faster than the 12 mbps, so if this WDTV thing (whatever it is) could do that, I'd be interested.

a little off topic, but you got my interest:

Thanks to this thread, I looked up the: Western Digital WD TV Live Network-ready HD Media Player WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN
which I found by searching Amazon.
Looked pretty feature-packed for such a tiny little box.

Do we have a forum or sub-forum department dedicated to media players?
I'm quite overloaded with all the conflicting claims of the products, and some of the outrageous demands of the users. - :rolleyes:

I hang out quite a lot on the VideoReDo forum where they are discussed, and up to now, my eyes just glaze over at the descriptions.

You'd think Doom9.org would have something.
Looks like they do, but it's not up to date.

I will only be dragged kicking and screaming to the AVSforum . . . ! - :eek:

Firmware hacks

Since I bought my WDTV Live few months back, been trying to figure out what to do with my First Gen WDTV box. These two sites have Firmware hacks you can do to it to make them network-able via USB Wireless or USB to LAN connector.

wdtv_firmware_hacks [WDTV WIKI]

B-RAD

Since were talking about Media Players and the such, has anybody played around with PlayOn or Boxee? been using PlayOn with the WDTV Live for some time, but just started using the Boxee the last few weeks, very nice interface I must say, and promising apps you can install. I've heard of some people able to stream across IPTV content from Europe and possible HomeRun streams to Boxee. I've sent an email inquiry to Silicon Dust on any future units with the possibility of DVB-S connection for FTA, I know that would be a long shot for the US market, but you never know, nice little niche for us Computer/FTA hobbyist.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)