We all live on farms or ranches ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
navychop said:
Well I do have a vegetable and herb garden.

Ive got 2 dz laying hens and 2 bee hives, had veggies but the ground hog got them...

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys

I 've got 6 citrus trees, 4 tomato plants, 3 japanese cucumber plants, some basil, and green onion. But, this definitely ain't no farm. (Although, this town was apparently all farmland before the defense industry, and then high tech, took over.)

Well according to the sign out front , I live on an estate. I live on Parkway Drive in Parkway Mobile Home Estates. It's a mobile home park.;)

I live near Knott's Berry Farm. ;) Does that count? There was a large strawberry farm down the street, but they filled it with houses about a year ago, so that probably doesn't count (at least not anymore).

I guess that's what makes us Dish subs "unique" we for sure have a sense of humor for these things

Thanks for the info. I'll be in Beaumont next week and I'll be looking for the house with all the satellite dishes. ;)

Miner

I'm in the back of the park in the cul-de-sac .Look out back of my house, I have 3 of them on poles lined up neat in a row: DISH 500/DISH 1000.4/DISH 1000.:D

Charlie's remark really sticks in my craw for some reason. I live in suburbia on a 1/4 acre lot and I see that a LOT of my neighbors love Dish, too. I drive into my small city where they live on 1/10th of an acre and see even more dishes. What the hell was he thinking when he made that remark?

He really insulted with both sides of his sword. He dismissed his city-dwelling customer base as insignificant and implied that his rural customers are too unsophisticated to want, or even care about, the quality offerings of AMC.

I joined Dish almost 3 years ago and have been thrilled with everything about it. Then they dump AMC... then Charlie opens his mouth... It's not good.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am headed out now to take care of my crop outside.

Man how I hate mowing the lawn. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Isn't that what you have offspring for?

It may be true in 5-10 years from now unless Dish can find a way to compete with the Telcos and the cable TriplePlay. It may turn out that we'll continue to see DirecTV with exclusive coverage of the NFL (i.e., Sunday Ticket) and Dish Network being the lowest cost option for rural customers. You'll probably see Telcos expand their FiOS/U-Verse build-out when the economy picks-up (although expensive, it never hurts to lay fat fiber pipes), and Verizon has already stated they want to offer 4G Wireless service to rural customers using the LTE networks they are building. Will this lead to them (or anyone else) to offering IPTV subscription-based video service? Offhand, I don't see them having bandwidth to support streaming video nor I see the average Joe dumping tradition TV and adopting IPTV en masse. But who knows? Perhaps Verizon could offer a low-cost 15-20 channel basic television package as an add-on service to their 4G service. Also, what is Dish Network and others going to do with all their rural spectrum holdings. Additionally, can they make money in these markets? It should be fun to see what happens. Regardless, I think D* and E*'s subscriber numbers are at or near their peak. We shall see.

Time is money. So, I pay a guy for his time, instead of wasting mine. Best money I ever spent.
You probably could have mowed your yard many times over for the time you've spent here, and be in better shape, to boot ;)

Charlie's remark really sticks in my craw for some reason. I live in suburbia on a 1/4 acre lot and I see that a LOT of my neighbors love Dish, too. I drive into my small city where they live on 1/10th of an acre and see even more dishes. What the hell was he thinking when he made that remark?

He really insulted with both sides of his sword. He dismissed his city-dwelling customer base as insignificant and implied that his rural customers are too unsophisticated to want, or even care about, the quality offerings of AMC.

I joined Dish almost 3 years ago and have been thrilled with everything about it. Then they dump AMC... then Charlie opens his mouth... It's not good.

I agree. I don't understand why he and others keep referring to the movies on AMC. They've become much more than a movie channel.
I called about losing the channels and I was honest. I miss three of the four (never watched WE) and I don't watch Breaking Bad. Also said I didn't need a Roku because I have a PS3. When The Walking Dead starts up I can call back and get a credit to purchase online. That was fine except I mentioned I was also a big Mad Men fan. That required a consultation with a manager because "No one has ever said they watch more than one show on AMC."
Oh well, supposedly I'll get a credit to cover that too when it starts up. Just thought it was a disingenuous thing to say.

I agree. I don't understand why he and others keep referring to the movies on AMC. They've become much more than a movie channel.
I called about losing the channels and I was honest. I miss three of the four (never watched WE) and I don't watch Breaking Bad. Also said I didn't need a Roku because I have a PS3. When The Walking Dead starts up I can call back and get a credit to purchase online. That was fine except I mentioned I was also a big Mad Men fan. That required a consultation with a manager because "No one has ever said they watch more than one show on AMC."
Oh well, supposedly I'll get a credit to cover that too when it starts up. Just thought it was a disingenuous thing to say.

They refer to the movies because that is still 90% + of AMC's programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)