Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey directv are you going to announce anything soon regarding the whats replacing nascar hotpass or are we going to just drop the ball on nascar fans alltogether. For the leader in sport's entertaiment related stuff, this is very unlike directv.

NASCAR is no longer real stock car racing. It is just a bunch of tube frames running around with sheet metal and headlite decals.

NASCAR is no longer real stock car racing. It is just a bunch of tube frames running around with sheet metal and headlite decals.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg
[/IMG]

Why is it when someone mentions NASCAR in a thread, the haters feel they have to trot out the same old garbage. Don't like it fine. Just let us a have conversation about the OP's topic.

I too am impatiently waiting for an announcement. The broadcasts are pretty good until ESPN takes over, that's when I like to go "Sailing by" the network broadcast.

Whether you go over there or not, bob, it is the best site for D* news. This site is the best place for E* news, dbs is the best side of D* news.

Whether you go over there or not, bob, it is the best site for D* news. This site is the best place for E* news, dbs is the best side of D* news.

It's the best place for the happy happy spun news about D*. For anything critical or not positive, well it's not the best place. DBSTalk is to D* what Fox News was to the Bush administration and SatRacer is like a White House press secretary for D* in that he only gives out info that has been sanitized and approved by his bosses.

It's the best place for the happy happy spun news about D*. For anything critical or not positive, well it's not the best place. DBSTalk is to D* what Fox News was to the Bush administration and SatRacer is like a White House press secretary for D* in that he only gives out info that has been sanitized and approved by his bosses.

You can post critical things about DirecTV at DBS as long as it's done in a constuctive way. There's a long thread there now about how slow the HD DVR's are with folks bitching about it, but also providing some examples of differences between the boxes. There's a thread bitching about lack of new HD programming. But to keep it from turning into many different threads about the same thing the mods close any dups and refer them to the main thread. So you can say critical things, just follow their rules (like no political discussions here is a rule).

As for SatRacer, what do you expect, he's a D* employee and if he wants to keep his job he needs to be careful of what he posts. Can you say the same for E* employees, we've seen folks from E* post something here and next thing you know they're gone or posting about how they got fired even if they're just trying to help someone and not leak any inside information.

You can post critical things about DirecTV at DBS as long as it's done in a constuctive way. There's a long thread there now about how slow the HD DVR's are with folks bitching about it, but also providing some examples of differences between the boxes. There's a thread bitching about lack of new HD programming. But to keep it from turning into many different threads about the same thing the mods close any dups and refer them to the main thread. So you can say critical things, just follow their rules (like no political discussions here is a rule).

As for SatRacer, what do you expect, he's a D* employee and if he wants to keep his job he needs to be careful of what he posts. Can you say the same for E* employees, we've seen folks from E* post something here and next thing you know they're gone or posting about how they got fired even if they're just trying to help someone and not leak any inside information.

If you post within the rules, you may not get banned but that still doesn't keep the angry horde from swarming down upon you if you post something that isn't positive. I haven't visit DBSTalk in a long time because of the swarm like behavior when I posted my displeasure with what D* has given us since D11 came online and it made me become a Pub Supporter over here because I liked the way this site is run better. They aren't a mouthpiece.

For SatRacer, yes he is a D* employee but that's what makes him not always the best source for the truth about what is happening. He's good for stuff like "these locals are going online next week" but for stuff like why don't we have channel X, Y or Z you only get the D* spun side of the story which always makes seem like it isn't D*'s fault. Stuff like "it takes two to tango" rings hollow to me. As long as D* has had to negotiate carriage agreements for some of the channels that haven't been added yet it seems like D* needs to take some dance lessons.

For SatRacer, yes he is a D* employee but that's what makes him not always the best source for the truth about what is happening. He's good for stuff like "these locals are going online next week" but for stuff like why don't we have channel X, Y or Z you only get the D* spun side of the story which always makes seem like it isn't D*'s fault. Stuff like "it takes two to tango" rings hollow to me. As long as D* has had to negotiate carriage agreements for some of the channels that haven't been added yet it seems like D* needs to take some dance lessons.

OK, so you come here for E* news, which gets filtered through Scott. Remember the chat that Scott and some others had with Charlie but can't talk about. Or how about before all the recent Charlie or Tech chats Scott posted that he had a feeling that some new HD channels would be coming, but then none did. Or how about why Dish had control of the Rainbow 1 Satellite for a couple years before they lit up all the spotbeams for adding local HD channels and Scott saying it was because it took that long to build uplink's, come on two years, yea right. Scott does rag on Charlie and the folks but then again, he's not an employee of Dish or Echostar so he can. Totally different then Satelliterace which is a DirecTV employee, of course SatRacer is going to toe the company line if he want's to keep his job. As I mentioned before, show me a Dish/Echostar coirporate employee that openly posts information here, they don't last too long.

And what's wrong with Satelliteracer saying it take two to tango as for why D* doesn't have such and such channel. So does that mean when Charlie says that E* doesn't have Viacom or Fox channels because it takes two to tango is also BS?

I dont think Satracer is a complete company man, but they do pay his check. That being said, I do a daily search for any new posts by him at DBS because it can be quite informative. You just have to read between the lines.

His comments about Hotpass have led me to believe that its not dead and we'll get something this year. We are just in wait mode.

OK, so you come here for E* news, which gets filtered through Scott. Remember the chat that Scott and some others had with Charlie but can't talk about. Or how about before all the recent Charlie or Tech chats Scott posted that he had a feeling that some new HD channels would be coming, but then none did. Or how about why Dish had control of the Rainbow 1 Satellite for a couple years before they lit up all the spotbeams for adding local HD channels and Scott saying it was because it took that long to build uplink's, come on two years, yea right. Scott does rag on Charlie and the folks but then again, he's not an employee of Dish or Echostar so he can. Totally different then Satelliterace which is a DirecTV employee, of course SatRacer is going to toe the company line if he want's to keep his job. As I mentioned before, show me a Dish/Echostar coirporate employee that openly posts information here, they don't last too long.

And what's wrong with Satelliteracer saying it take two to tango as for why D* doesn't have such and such channel. So does that mean when Charlie says that E* doesn't have Viacom or Fox channels because it takes two to tango is also BS?

Actually I don't come here for E* news. I'm not an E* customer so I very rarely visit the E* side of this site. But at least Scott and others here aren't afraid to criticize them. The staff at DBSTalk seems to never say cross words about D*.

And yes when Charlie complains about Fox or Viacom, it's just as bad. Charlie has always been cheap and hard to get a deal with. Now with Malone running D*, they are just as bad. I long for the days when Murdoch, love him or hate him, ran D*. D* seemed more concerned about giving customers what they wanted than the bottom line (although D*'s bottom line was pretty good when Murdoch owned them).

I dont think Satracer is a complete company man, but they do pay his check. That being said, I do a daily search for any new posts by him at DBS because it can be quite informative. You just have to read between the lines.

His comments about Hotpass have led me to believe that its not dead and we'll get something this year. We are just in wait mode.

I have always wondered why satracer hasn't posted information over here as to cross posting between forums. I don't think I have seen him over here, not too often. I would have figured if he's posting information over there for communication between D* and the forum coustomers, even if its unofficial, he should be doing the same here as it reaches most if not all coustomers. Also, not every customer visits both sites. I know he knows we exist. When it comes to having access to information, everyone should be on a fair playing game. Heck, I know for a fact when it comes to information from E* that DBS talk could be on the same playing ground that we have, its just that there moderators over there are lazy and dont do the ground work when it comes in terms of E*, while on the other hand they are doing it with D*. I know that we are working hard to bring you the information we can get. I would like to sing and dance praise D* like they do, but the bottom line is that I have found that very hard especially seance Directv hit the breaks.

They have dropped the ball on Hd programming and it is starting to go into some of the sports programming, IE hotpass. I hope that this isnt a sign of things to come, especially with D* not showing up at CES this year. I have seen companies have all the momentum like how D* had, only to hit the breaks and never recover. Look at SiriusXM.

Im seriously thinking if D* doesn't do something drastically in the next 6 months. Directv will be the next SiriusXM. Unfortunately, if they dont have the compasity now, even with the upcoming launches D* isnt going to have the compasity then. D* is going to find themselfs up *hit Creek real soon, especaly with the bandwith E* is sitting on right now. Oh you dont know. The only thing that is keeping me at D* is the sports programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)