We are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a bunch of posts from an Ebay forum. I went ahead and excluded it and another one. But posts from it still show up when I click new posts.
Ok this is fixed now.

In the green bar you will see New Posts (Entire Site) click on that and it will honor your exclusion list. :) (Don't know why the other toolbar does not pass the exclude variable.)

Scott, Selecting "mark this forum read" in the Forum Tools do not close the menu (the Forum Tools menu), and do not "unbold" the unread messages, until I get out and enter the forums again. So, it is working, but not delivering visual feedback as before.

Before, if I was done with a thread and just wanted to go back into the same forum, I would just click on the forum name in the FORUM JUMP/Quick Navigation at the bottom of the screen. That no longer works.

Scott,

you've done a great job with the migration. I know how much work it can be. Thanks for all your efforts!

That said, I'm not too fond of the current look and feel, and would appreciate some skin options, once you get the higher priority functional stuff under control.

To me, it seems: too bright, too big, and too open (no sides to the boxes). It doesn't look as classy and readable as the old v3 skin. Too much white on white, without contrasting elements. But that's just one opinion. I don't want to rain on your parade.

- Tim

GREAT job! I definitely like the new forum better now, however I'm a bit worried by the lack of ads. Perhaps a banner ad could be put between the sub forums and forum topics? That way even though it wasn't at the top, it would be seen by all who plan on reading the forum topics.

I find it funny that people are saying its too bright.

As I type this the backround color is exactly the same as it was in the old software. (#FAFAFA or RGB of 250 250 250)

The text is now pure black (#000000) was (#333333) which was a little greyer. The strange thing is on the old software the text was the grey color (#333333)

The only difference in the color or fonts is that on the old software the font size was 13. Here on the new software I am using 14.5. The font type is still the same (Veranda) as we were using before.

People don't like change sometimes I understand that. But to keep compairing it to the old look and saying its too bright noo longer rings true when the settings are now the same (except for the font size.)

I think the big issue is it looks to clean now. Before the old look was WAY cluttered.

I don't like the way the new software does some stuff or some of the changes such as lack of Forum Jump or the fact when you click reply it takes you to the quick reply box instead of the full editor. These things are unfortunately out of my control.

I am however working on a few other styles that you will be able to select from. Rome was not built in a day. I figure just over the past 2 days I have worked over 20 hours on this. And if you look I have been quick to fix most of the issues as they were given to me. :)

About the only pressing issue I am having still is the games in the Arcade are not saving scores... we will get that one fixed hopefully soon. :D

GREAT job! I definitely like the new forum better now, however I'm a bit worried by the lack of ads.
I logged in as a user and I am seeing the ads. I laid them out differently this time, but they are there.

It is something I will keep an eye on though, as honestly we need the $$ to keep the site going.

I'm finding a significant increase in responsiveness..... much, much better than before. Thanks so much for putting the effort into the updates.

I find it funny that people are saying its too bright.

As I type this the backround color is exactly the same as it was in the old software. (#FAFAFA or RGB of 250 250 250)

In the old version (at least for me) the background for the index appeared as light blue in firefox. The "last post" column used to appear as an even lighter blue, now they all appear as white (so there's no color differentiation between the columns of the forum index). The background of the posts themselves was also this same light blue color (with quotes inside a post in the lighter blue), now it all has a white background, thats probably why it appears brighter.

I think the main difference is that the boarders of the old board were darker. Now the posts are surrounded by white space (well a bit gray on the margins). The only real drag I notice is that for some reason typing in the quick reply is laggy. I have tried it on 4 different computers - from a pentium dual laptop to a quad core desktop and I easily out type the text input.

It is going to take some time getting used to the swap of the Home button/tab and the Satellite Guys logo functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)