We FTA'ers are an interesting group

Status
Please reply by conversation.
More than once I have felt torn between watching a solar outage's effect on an analog signal play out on a TV screen, or running outside to observe the beauty of the perfectly symmetrical shadow cast on the face of a prime focus dish.

We don't worry about ECM's like some other "FTAers" do.:D

We don't have to constantly look for newer bins for our receivers unless we buy some older gear that someone messed up loading one of the "newest factory bins" on.:D

OMG Ice,
You described me exactly!!!! That's me - all the above. That is so funny because just the other day.....My neighbor came out and said "You working on that thing again".LOL

They just don't understand.

I am the same way with my 2005 GTO, I am always writing a new tune for the engine computer trying to get a little more out of it. Always swapping parts and porting heads and intakes.
So far I have squeezed 470Hp out of it.

I do my dishes the same way.

OT LMK when you get to Central Fla.
My son worked at the local dealership and did alot of PDI on 04-06s
Even worked on one that was an 800HP twin turbo terror.Yes this
affliction carries on to other things.

Love it! All the comments plus Ice's list.

LOL my wife was going to throw out a little metal bracket that came with something she bought a few days back, looked at it and came to me and said "Maybe you can use this to get some more channels some how?" Not sure if its useful but added it to the parts bin anyway :D

Love it! All the comments plus Ice's list.

LOL my wife was going to throw out a little metal bracket that came with something she bought a few days back, looked at it and came to me and said "Maybe you can use this to get some more channels some how?" Not sure if its useful but added it to the parts bin anyway :D

Guard that wife with your life!:up:up:up:up

My wife is the one who actually found my free C-Band dish for me! :D It's nice to not have the WAF (Wife Approval Factor) as being an issue for my dishes.

damn...having a WAF like that is like not having a significant other.....but you have some other benefits ;)

I knew Scott's wife was a real gem.
Maybe we need to have a Hall of Fame for friends and family like these:
My wife found my Primestars for me :)
My wife is the one who actually found my free C-Band dish for me!
LOL my wife was going to throw out a little metal bracket that came with something she bought a few days back, looked at it and came to me and said "Maybe you can use this to get some more channels some how?" Not sure if its useful but added it to the parts bin anyway
And, if there is any question who doesn't get on the list . . .
brentb636 said:
My wife glares at me when the UPS truck shows up.

Got told I can hang as many dishes on the side of the house as I want as no one sees them, but none in the backyard as we we spend a lot of time there and 'we' spend more time on our vegitable garden together than most (have a mini-greenhouse). Nor can I "put a hole in the side on the house when it moves :D" Now to figure out how to mount a BUD in that area that really is only 3' 1/2" wide!

My wife (really my fiance' until its official in a few months, but have been living together for so long it seems like a wife) is totally supportive of my hobby, and the money I spend on it, which helps when I'm heading outside in the clothes I wear to go snowmobiling to hang a new LNB or tweak the dish.

I am the same way with my 2005 GTO, I am always writing a new tune for the engine computer trying to get a little more out of it. Always swapping parts and porting heads and intakes.
So far I have squeezed 470Hp out of it.

I do my dishes the same way.

Boys, boys .... Get a nice 440 Hemi, and you never have to worry about getting a computer out to tune anything ...... My father, before he passed on, was known as one of the greatest Hemi tuners in Canada. Did it all be ear and feeling going down the road. Never really Dyno'ed his Superbee, but am willing to bet I could make you look silly on a drag strip even though I haven't started the thing in 3 years!

Sorry
Hemi was 426
440 was a RB motor (wedge)
There are some conversions using 440 blocks but this is a new thing.
Wish I knew as much about TVRO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)