WE GOT SNOW!! On BUDs!! February 13, 2021!!

ECruzBUD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
SEATTLE, WA.
WE GOT SNOW in SeaTac, WA.

February 13, 2021

8 inches of snow in photos.

Never snow this much in November and December.
Used to be, before. NOW it snows BIG in February
in the last 4 or 5 years!!!
Thought you would like to see photos of my BUDs got snow.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 154
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    566.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    457.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 148
I guess global warming is a hoax. Anyway, we got more snow than that here in western Nebraska and it's still snowing and it's still freaking cold (sub-zero highs). I had to go do some snow removal from both C-band antennas. I should've took photos before doing so. Oh well.

I guess global warming is a hoax. Anyway, we got more snow than that here in western Nebraska and it's still snowing and it's still freaking cold (sub-zero highs). I had to go do some snow removal from both C-band antennas. I should've took photos before doing so. Oh well.
Climate change is quite real. I have seen profound changes in the Arctic in 35 years.

Climate change is quite real. I have seen profound changes in the Arctic in 35 years.
I don't know how it could be melting there when we're getting cold air from the artic , right now, that's keeping our temperatures here below zero. It was -8 (Fahrenheit) when I got up this morning and the forecast high is only -1. Yesterday we were below zero all day also. Tomorrow morning low is suppose to be -20. I would imagine that it's much colder in the arctic circle. But what do I know?

More SNOW, Again!!! TODAY!!
:) :mad:

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 116
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Seattle.jpg
    Seattle.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
you could do a current measurement on your HH motor
if you have a DC current clamp
thank you

I would imagine that it's much colder in the arctic circle. But what do I know?

The phenomenon is called global warming. So the mean global temperature is going up.
If you have more snow and lower temperatures than you previously got, then at the artic the warming is even worse!

But is seems that some people only see the weather outside their own window, and don't seem to understand the concept of 'mean temperature'; that (by the way) is going up for quite a few years (decennia) now, you cannot have missed it in the newspapers and scientific magazines.

Greetz,
A33

I don't know how it could be melting there when we're getting cold air from the artic , right now, that's keeping our temperatures here below zero. It was -8 (Fahrenheit) when I got up this morning and the forecast high is only -1. Yesterday we were below zero all day also. Tomorrow morning low is suppose to be -20. I would imagine that it's much colder in the arctic circle. But what do I know?
At noon Alaska time the coldest in the state is -29 warmer in Canada. It is a classic pattern we went through a deep cold period, then it spills into Canada and points south as it warms here. A very large bubble.

I'm sharing some photos of the snow storm we've had here. You can see clumps of snow below the antennas which is what I removed from the dishes yesterday. If you look closely you'll see snow on top of the LNBF's. A lot of snow on the roof also. Looks like the storms are moving out since, as you can see, we have a lot of sunshine now. It's still 3 below zero @1430 this afternoon.

Attachments

• DSCN1584.JPG
    DSCN1584.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN1585.JPG
    DSCN1585.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 130
WOW!!! The sun melts the snow off your mesh dish!!! : - ))) What state is this in??? The only thing I notice that you don't have a dome cover to cover the feedhorn and LNBs, and servo motor. That's freezing your feedhorn!! : - )))

WOW!!! The sun melts the snow off your mesh dish!!! : - ))) What state is this in??? The only thing I notice that you don't have a dome cover to cover the feedhorn and LNBs, and servo motor. That's freezing your feedhorn!! : - )))
This is Nebraska. My LNBF's work fine without the cover. Besides, the cover hides wasp nests. Sometimes a big surprise when you take the cover off.

This is Nebraska. My LNBF's work fine without the cover. Besides, the cover hides wasp nests. Sometimes a big surprise when you take the cover off.
This site is at the US/Canada border crossing station on the Alcan Hwy. not far from the place that holds the record for low temperature in North America -81.4F we don't use covers on feedhorns. Xmit and Rec.

Attachments

• S8000890 (2).JPG
    S8000890 (2).JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: k.r. and KE4EST
Snow here in Arkansas. 8-10" of powder last night and today with another 8-12" possible starting tomorrow night. The dry snow makes for easy removal. I was down at 55w in the photo.

Attachments

• 20210215_130701.mp4
    11.9 MB
  • 20210215_125054.jpg
    20210215_125054.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: k.r.
That's WEIRD that the snow didn't stick onto your BUD last night, than it does mostly on MINE. :) Okay, let me know. Thanks.
:)
it all depends on the temperature of the dish before it snows and the temperature of the snow as it's falling. If it's quite a bit below freezing, the snow will remain dry and fluffy and will be easily blown off the dish if there's some wind, or will mostly slide off. But if it's slightly above freezing point when it starts, and the temps drop, you got a messy sticky heavy snow...

If you want an analogy, pour powdered sugar on a dry dish and pour it off, the dish is still mostly clean. Now do the same with a wet dish. You got a messy dish covered in wet sugar.

Reactions: Captain Midnight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)