We MLB now BUT....

jahlight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Ok, thank Goodness we get the MLB EI from INDEMAND BUT do we get the same amount of HD games that D* gets? How do we know if a game will be offered in HD? I have not seen one yet in the MLB free preview.

Also the Tampabay Devil Rays games that are supposedly in HD really suck. It just looks like a digital picture stretched. I do know what true HD looks like, for example the Braves games yesterday or the MLS game yesterday. The Drays on INHD really is bad

nope. the superfan deal is exclusive to directv. unless the new contract is different, you'll get 3 hd games a week on inhd. at least, it was that way last year!!!!

as for the marlins and drays, since bhn doesn't have fsn florida (in central florida), you won't see any of their games either.....unless, espn or fox show it. but then it might be blacked out. and obviously, you won't have fsn florida in hd either.

sorry.....you should probably contact bright house and complain. good luck. i complained for three years about missing my marlins. fell on deaf ears!!!

Well that sucks Icee, where do I find out what 3 games are HD? It is not on the program guide.

probably because the guide was done before in demand agreed to the extra innings contract. try inhd.com and look for the sports icon. hopefully, something will show up in this weeks program guide.

The HDTV games "aren't" exclusive to DirecTV but that doesn't mean your cable company will carry them either. They don't need to pay extra for them either as their Extra Innings contract includes them. Also the cable company also isn't required to create a superfan package either. If they want they can include them in the base price of Extra Innings if they see fit. Most likely bandwidth is the concern or maybe they just haven't quite started to offer them yet or heck maybe they will never offer them.

i didn't say hd games were a directv exclusive. i said superfan was. i went to the indemand website yesterday afternoon and it says select games in hd. the only way i could tell from the sked...was maybe the games that had a plus next to them were in hd.

there is a link on the indemand site that shows which games are in hd. But as far as I can tell brighthouse is not picking up that channel. What a surprise!
keith

i don't want to be a party pooper but i would be very surprised if bhn shoed any mlb hd games per se. more than likely, you'll seem them on inhd.