We need DISTANT NETWORKS LLC

From their website:

"All American Direct will cease operations on February 25th 2014 at 11:59 pm. At that time our services will no longer be available."

HOPEFULLY DISH NETWORK WILL AGAIN BE ABLE TO OFFER DISTANTS. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT SERVICE TO BE WITHOUT!!!

Dish will probably never offer distants... Too small a market and cost them way too much the last time they did it with lax rules/controls.

I callled dish to see what is the plan for people who want distant networks. The representative ask me "what is distant networks" I tell her its channels I currently subscribe to from "all american direct" and "my distant networks." She tells me what is all american direct or my distant networks, I never heard of that before. That is further I got so far, waiting to speak with supervisor now lol. They hung up on me now : )

Representative #2: Doesn't know what it is either, I find this hard to believe. No wonder all american direct is pulling their plugs from dish network. Its a 2 way street need to help out one another, but one company is doing poor job of making its customer aware that dns is available through all american direct.

Looks like dish has no plans to provide dns to its customer : (

Well gee Rusty, Dish leases out a transponder to an outside company and the CSRs don't know anything about what's on them. Should they? Probably not considering it's not a product they sell.....

I think the representative should know about it and dish should promote them. Without DNS, where is half of the subscribers going to now to directv.

I callled dish to see what is the plan for people who want distant networks. The representative ask me "what is distant networks" I tell her its channels I currently subscribe to from "all american direct" and "my distant networks." She tells me what is all american direct or my distant networks, I never heard of that before. That is further I got so far, waiting to speak with supervisor now lol. They hung up on me now : )

Representative #2: Doesn't know what it is either, I find this hard to believe. No wonder all american direct is pulling their plugs from dish network. Its a 2 way street need to help out one another, but one company is doing poor job of making its customer aware that dns is available through all american direct.

Looks like dish has no plans to provide dns to its customer : (

Maybe Ergen was telling the truth when he testified that AAD was a separate company. The broadcast networks tried (and failed) to prove that AAD was a front for Dish.

AAD was doing satellite subscriptions as Charlie was getting in the business.

If Dish was not spending so much time dealing with fraudulent "moves", they might be able to offer DNS. Dish is under constant fire from the Broadcasters about "moves". So the RVers and truckers take the hit.

DISTANT LOCALS

CAN A DIRT TEAM MEMBER HELP US BY GETTING INFORMATION ON ANY PLANS DISH MAY HAVE RELATIVE TO THIS TOPIC?
I HOPE THAT THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST TO SUPPORT THIS.
LET`S HEAR FROM OTHER FORUM MEMBERS WHO WANT DISTANT LOCALS BACK.......

CAN A DIRT TEAM MEMBER HELP US BY GETTING INFORMATION ON ANY PLANS DISH MAY HAVE RELATIVE TO THIS TOPIC?
I HOPE THAT THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST TO SUPPORT THIS.
LET`S HEAR FROM OTHER FORUM MEMBERS WHO WANT DISTANT LOCALS BACK.......

The problem is that Dish itself has not provided distant networks for many years. They were forced out of the business by a huge suit which threatened them not to be able to carry any broadcast network. They only recently got the ability to provide out of market stations for markets that did not have all 4 networks. They also were forced to carry every market. Unfortunately DIRECTV may be your best bet.

Well, if it is in HD, I know at least one other member that'd be on board with it. 2x is there is a new app to use it.

...Without DNS, where is half of the subscribers going to now to directv.

Half? You are talking about a very small percentage. Dish knows exactly how many, and AAD going under says the number is "not enough." If you cannot get what you want from Dish or online or Netflix, etc, then yes, perhaps you should consider another provider.

1. DISH recently had DNS as I posted with a link in an existing thread about this.

2. Going to Direct TV would help only those who need it for RV's and truckers. Direct TV can not give Distants to anyone who has their locals available through Direct TV, even if they can not get locals from an antenna. The only way is if it is a market where Direct does not have that network available, or by a waiver. Waiver today is very hard to get. If you get one now consider yourself very lucky.

3. No one knows obviously but I have to believe DISH will go back to serving the RV's/truckers.

4. As for 1/2 of the subscribers. Say what? There is very tiny percentage of households who qualify for Distants, minuscule.

5. Remember, many people who qualified for Distants with AAD will not qualify with DISH or Direct. (Rv's/truckers excepted)

Last edited:
How could dish not know about this, when they were leasing out their own transponder. I find that hard to believe, dish should make a deal with roku now. I am going to wait a month this issue and if not happens then I am moving over directv.

How could dish not know about this, when they were leasing out their own transponder. I find that hard to believe, dish should make a deal with roku now. I am going to wait a month this issue and if not happens then I am moving over directv.

Again, best see for certain if D* can provide what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)