Weak 110 Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
deezoneezo said:
When you go to the car lot the sales person tells you that this is a great car but you will only be able to drive it tuesday wednesday and sometimes on saturday and only during hours of darkness. Would you buy this car? If the answer is no don't take this run around from a satellite company. If you can't get resolution report the company to the BBB, call directv, THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS OILED. If you let them walk all over you they will, no one gets paid to come fix your system so they won't come unless you make them. If directv sends someone out this is a different story they really don't have anything to do with your local retailer. But they will work for a HSP which isn't much better. Good Luck.
Well I'm giving them 1 more chance since I have known the owner for a long time and I like him a lot. It's possible he doesn't know about me being stiffed. I'm going down there tomorrow and talk with him directly about it. I hope he makes it right. If this happens again, I'll go through D*.

I live in eastern WA, and had the same problem right before Christmas. My problems started after BRAVO converted to UHD for some reason? I could not get UHD at all. I had a tech come out. He tried aligning dish and everything he could think of but no luck. As a last resort he replaced my oval dish (it was a couple years old) and everything works fine now.

branchbouncer said:
What type of equipement did the installer use-Dish manufactor-the stb and did you use any splitters and is the wire RG6?
??? It's an oval dish w/ triple LNB and it has the built in 4 way switch. The STB is a HTL-HD. Wire is all RG6 from receiver to roof but we added about 15' of wire to the end using a coupler.

I don't *think* it's a cabling issue because only 4 HD channels are dropping around 7PM. All other channels are OK.

Sorry I did not see the info that you posted in the begining mentioning equipment,it took me a while to get all 101,110,119 on a good strength as you state one is good then the others are bad.I think if you keep tweaking the tilt and elevation that you'll get a better signal.If you look in the direction that the dish is pointing is there anything in the way.Where I am located there are 70-80 foot trees but they are far enough away that I am clearly shooting over the top of them even a branch moving in the distance can cause problems

Dish is near the peak of our 2-story house and it looks to be clearing any nearby trees with ease. I talked to the owner yesterday and he said that a crew will be at my house today no question. He was pretty upset that the installer stood me up on Saturday and it seemed like it wasn't the first time he'd done it to someone.

Sir, your not alone

This morning I noticed the exact same effect on HBO-HD, HDNM, and ABCE-HD. This morning no signal at all from 110 degrees. Later today around noon, the signal was just strong enough to get clear pictures and the signal strength was in the high 40's. I have never had problems with these stations until today.

I have had this problem with other channels, HD and SD, and I've lived with it since I don't watch them.

I do think my receiver is part of the problem. I swapped in my other SD receiver and got high signal strength in the channels previously unavailable such as AMC, NFL Total Access. So your problem may well be a defective receiver.

Well they came today and tweaked the dish and I'm at about 62 or so on the signal meter. We'll see how it goes :/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts