Weak Transponder on IA5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrtrance

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
I have the coolsat5K pointing at IA5. I wanted to try to get the highest quality on the weakest transponder in order to maybe fix the pixelation issue I've been having on some of the channels. I want to go through the transponders on that sat and adjust my az/elev/lnb to get the highest quality on the weakest transponder. Does anyone know how I can do this using the coolsat5k?

Yeah , keep an eye on the quality bar and play with your dish, no fast movements and give the bar a few seconds to get an accurate reading.

1st find the channel that you have pixelation issues with, look at the frequency of that channel or channels and find the manual scan or motorized setup, then toggle thru the frequencies till you find your problem frequency and make the fine adjustments.

What channels come in crappy, this might be normal cause I've seen many channels with this problem, Amazonas has a couple of channels where the compression is such that you can compare it with grainy video or low quality digital recording.

The question is, are the channels pixelized or are you getting tiling which occurs with weak signal strength or when it rains ?

The pixelation is due to the signal source, nto your receiver. Which channels have the pixelation?

It won't help with pixelation, but the weakest transponder for me is 11874H. I usually have to nudge it in, but it will hold at 49%, which is enough for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)