Weather Channel: Locals on the 8's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Screenshots

I took some screenshots of each screen. I lost one of them along the way somewhere, but this gives you the gist of things.

Attachments

• local00.jpg
    local00.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 555
  • local01.jpg
    local01.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 391
  • local02.jpg
    local02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 310
  • local03.jpg
    local03.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 266
  • local04.jpg
    local04.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 235
  • local05.jpg
    local05.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 193
  • local06.jpg
    local06.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 191
  • local07.jpg
    local07.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 201
  • local08.jpg
    local08.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 327
  • local09.jpg
    local09.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 269
  • local10.jpg
    local10.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 204
  • local11.jpg
    local11.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 448
I was going to upload a WMV file that showed the Weather on the 8's but the site won't allow for WMV files to be uploaded and my software won't create one of the file types that Scott allows.

Rad email it to me at my user name at satelliteguys.us and I will convert it over and upload here.

I was going to upload a WMV file that showed the Weather on the 8's but the site won't allow for WMV files to be uploaded and my software won't create one of the file types that Scott allows.

Rad email it to me at my user name at satelliteguys.us and I will convert it over and upload here.

Bob, it's been e-mailed. Give it a few minutes to make it out of my mail server. If you don't see it by 16:05CDT let me know and I'll try another way to get it to you.

Thanks

I would love to see the actual text forecast for my area just like they have on cable. Local on the 8's on cable contains a text zone forecast along with the short term forecast. I have never been a fan of just a weather icon with a high temperature.

Thanks for the Suggestions, I have already sent that to them, but no response yet. Great Suggestion!

Sweet! I like it! There's alot that I feel they could work on, but it works. That's the key thing. That's closer to what I thought Dish Network was supposed to get. Yes, you can get the information from your local station or online, but frankly, sometimes I just want to turn the channel and get the information as well.

Now add local alerts and a moving radar that is a little more zoomed into your area, and it'll be great! But... one thing at a time.

Its not the same as Cable. Not any better then E* interactive weather channel either.

So when it's time for weather on the 8's on TWC, without the user doing anything the E* receivers put up similar graphics?

No , but it tells you to hit the select button and it pops right up for you. Just as it has for the last year of service I've had with them. CNN does too, as well a TV Guide channel.

Sorry I don't agree , thats its the greatest , when its a far cry from a local on the 8's. But I wouldn't expect some to admit that D* could have fault.

Sorry I don't agree , thats its the greatest , when its a far cry from a local on the 8's. But I wouldn't expect some to admit that D* could have fault.

And what/who are you responding to? Sure you're not Vampz?

Sorry , But I stated my opinion on what I thought of the service. Bottom line ,I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me what so ever. So maybe just once RAD you could do the same. If your going to start by compairing me to a BANNED member to dumb me down, YOU should know better. Again its ok that we don't all agree with what you agree with. I stated my opinion in a few short words, I shouldn't have to spend all night defending myself over it.

Enough Rad & Hemi. Rad, the comparasion was unnecessary.

Going forward, this thread is to be about channel 362. Nothing else.

Never been possible? Buh? DISH Network has had this for quite some time already.

Sorry sir, when I had Dish 18 months ago they didn't have it, and I forgot that they now do. I remember talk of them possibly getting it, and some frustration when it didn't happen. Even remember some complaining about the word "soon", but didn't know they had it up and running.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)