Weather Channel: Locals on the 8's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Paulie - thanks for taking the time to post the pictures!

I was going to do that tonight, you saved me some work :) Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking it!

On my SD TV, this new feature is working great! The local on the 8's. I'm very happy with it!!!!!! Better than I expected.
HOWEVER...can someone tell me how I can get it on my HD set? I go to 326 but don't see a sub channel or a new TWC in my guide.
Any help will be appreciated.

It's not in HD yet. You have to choose the SD version of channel 362 from the guide.

If you turned on the feature to "Hide SD duplicates" you'll need to turn that off first.

Its not the same as Cable. Not any better then E* interactive weather channel either.
I said this about Dish's implementation and I'll say it about DirecTV's: When they say "just like on cable", I believe they're targeting that comment towards people who've never seen TWC on cable, only heard that it offers "local" weather info. D*'s version looks nice, but it's not "just like on cable".

Hall - I just read the last page of the thread you linked, and all it discussed were people that had it "not working" or "nothing like cable".

That's probably why I don't remember them ever finishing it.

The D* product, however, is much more like cable. Only significant difference that hit me right away is that cable has a computer talking to you: "Your weather is Sunny. Your temperature is 70 degrees. etc."

For their first effort, this is a pretty good solution.

Does anyone know if the new interactive stuff on TWC also includes local alerts (like watches and warnings that pop up when in affect)? I think that would be great, and even a feature they could maybe let you enable no matter what channel you are watching, so you'll always know about severe weather, even if you're watching Animal Planet :)

my local on the 8
s on my SD TV set wasn't working this am! I did the prompt to press red button for local weather info when the regular programming was taking place (not during the local on the 8's) whereas yesterday it auto showed my local info during local on the 8's and included more details:(

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new interactive stuff on TWC also includes local alerts (like watches and warnings that pop up when in affect)? I think that would be great, and even a feature they could maybe let you enable no matter what channel you are watching, so you'll always know about severe weather, even if you're watching Animal Planet :)

The feature is supposed have the alert pop ups, but I have not seen a post where someone had an actual alert and the notice popped up. Still waiting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)