SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
Image: Openrsi 2.1
Kernel Version: 3.3.1
Enigma: Oct 23, 2012
Last Upgrade: 2012-10-22

Above are the parameters of the Version of the Enigma software that I'm using on my AZBox ME. Today, I scanned in the 3737 V 14400 SR, SES 2 @ 87.°W and all the Channels in the MUX scanned in including WeatherNation HD & SD. Now, here is the kicker. After scanning in the channels, WeatherNation HD is displayed and plays fine, but when I exit the scanned in channels and go to Channel lineup for the 87.0°W C-Band, WeatherNation HD is MISSING, but the WeatherNation SD and the other channels in the MUX are there. I have duplicated the issue at least 4 times this evening, and can't seem to get AZBox ME to display and play WeatherNation permanently. In the past I have had some channels display without names in this format "_ _ _", but this is not the case in this instance. Anyone else having this problem or has solutions to it?

Has something to do with Enigma. My Dreamboxes scan Weathernation HD as DATA. I have to use the Dreambox editor and change the flag on the channel to TV, and it plays fine. I have no idea why it does this. Check your channel list and see, I bet thats what it is.

We have tested this channel over here at AzBox Canada and the reason why some people are having issues to scan this channel in is because it is not classified as a TV channel in the MUX. Not sure about Enigma as it is unsupported third party software but with AzTrino NA and miniMe American Edition, you must change "Channel scan type" from "TV & Radio" to "All services" and rescan the transponder. WeatherNation HD will then scan in as a data channel but will still appear on your list as a normal channel and you will be able to tune it in normally. This is the same issue with RTV on 83W Ku-band and the above fix works on this channel as well.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada