WeatherNation Hires Meteorologist Fired for Defending Her Natural Hair

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Very few women in this country of all ages, ethnicities and natural hair stay with their natural hair. Almost all of our women straighten their hair or impose curls or permanents and all manor of styles. I will say that the similar style that Robin Quivers sported for may years was far superior to Rhonda's. Robins had a cut even shorter, but the look is spot on beautiful and still true to her "ethnicity." While Ms. Quivers, being a woman, has changed hair styles over the years from straightened to dredlocks has always had it done WELL. The point isn't racial, as Rhonda claims, but a subjectively bad implementation of hair style: it just doesn't work for her. All she needs is to trust a real hair pro beautician (African American or any other race or ethnicity) to really give her the "ethnic" style she desires, but one done so well that it does not make her look as if she is balding with cancer no cause her to have the outline of her head that seems as if something is wrong with her health. The style pictured makes it seem as if she practices no hair care at all, but the uneven shape that makes it seems as if she just doesn't care, and in TV, one does have to care.

See, this isn't about race; it's about how talented her hair stylist is or if no stylist, how lazy we can all be if we just try to cut and style it ourselves.

I actually don't see anything wrong with her hair. Good for Weathernation. From the article ishe handled the situatuon professioanlly.

Reactions: navychop
The whole time I was thinking: "Don't feed the trolls!"
The author of the original comment could barely form a cogent written thought, let alone rise to the level where a response was necessary. Don't get me wrong, if this was the only reason the station fired this weatherperson they were dead wrong. But the whole situation could have been averted by ignoring barely literate trolls!

Good for WeatherNation she shouldn't have to defend her hair!! :)

Thou they won't say it, I would think that she may have gotten fired for the comments after that instead. (not saying they deserve it either).

News One goes on to quote another response Lee left on a post made by a viewer upset that the children in the television station's "Three Minute Smile" — a drive run by KTBS that lets a child "run in the toy section of Walmart for 3 minutes, grabbing whatever he/she can" — were mostly "people of color," and this was a sign of "some racism going on."

Reactions: Jillian
Thou they won't say it, I would think that she may have gotten fired for the comments after that instead. (not saying they deserve it either).
The problem is, they say they have a policy that their people are simply supposed to ignore this type of stuff. Yes, her reply to the guy complaining about her hair was written excellently and to the point (without being an 'attack' on the guy), but policy is policy. You can't say "oh, that reply is okay" but another isn't. From the station's standpoint, she broke their rules and has nothing to do with her skin color, hair length, etc.

Reactions: Jillian
When I saw a picture of her I wonder what all the fuss was all about. She looks normal to me. I have learned over the years that you cannot please everybody. There is always going to be someone unhappy about something. If she would have changed her hair to a different style then someone would have something to say about that too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts