Weekend experiment for 30W with a little dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The next door neighbor tree(s) are about 100' from my property, pine trees and they are over 75' tall, there use to be an opening between them, but one of them sprouted more limbs, no LOS, have to relocate the pole.
My dish is already located as far away as possible from the offending tree.

I bought them off KE4EST's ebay listing (linked in Titanium's post above). I've got 4 or 5 of these LNBFs now.

The PLL-KU was used on both my little dish setups and has performed very well. I'd would imagine that with a 90cm dish you'd have even better results.

About a month ago, I did a direct swap of a Titanium PLL-KU for an Invacom SNH-031 universal on a non-peaked 1.2m dish on 125W. The results were quite impressive. Photos of receiver Q showing before and after are here

Photo per request...
View attachment 108070

Thank you! I did find them on eBay earlier, I will try to buy one tomorrow. Your screen shots look quite impressive, what state do you live in? The best I can get on the Invacom LNB is in the low to mid 70's for pretty much everything; I'm in KY. I have tried for a long time to get Ku on 125W and recently 30W, but there is no signal coming off those satellites. I thought I used to get 125W at one time. I do have tall trees along the arc, but the Satellite App I have on my phone says the satellite arc is pretty much above the trees and shouldn't be much of a problem. The ends of the arc tend to get closer to the trees more. Anyway, just have to try it and see. Maybe I will have better luck in the winter.

Here is a closer closeup of the back:

ku.jpg

Thank you! I did find them on eBay earlier, I will try to buy one tomorrow. Your screen shots look quite impressive, what state do you live in?
I'm in southeast Kansas. Here, 30W is around 10.4° above the horizon and there are plenty of trees around. With the WildBlue dish in this thread, it's looking under a walnut tree branch in my yard and over some severely cut back old elms in another yard. There's a photo on here somewhere where a 'hidden' second dish is looking just through a hole in tree limbs. Along with trial and error, Dishpointer.com has been a friend in finding a line of site... Good hunting!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)