Weird 1000.2 issue

Capt Odyssea

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
Florida
So, one 211k on the 1000.2, one on a KVH TV4 dish on the boat.(61.5, 110,119 in KVH prog)
The KVH tracking box died, will get it replaced, but thought Id put the receiver on the house Dish (110,119,129) to keep updated.
Trying two different RG6 cables,(not quad or at least not labelled as such) boat receiver still only gets 110, per the meter. House receiver gets 60/62 signal on all three birds per its meter.
Also have two older LNB's i tried, and a new in box. All identical, with 3 horns, equally spaced.
All three drive the house receiver fine, all birds but boat 211k only gets 110.
I was thinking the old LNB's could have output one fine and the rest dead or not switching, but the new one also?
Trying a new cable is easy, tomorrow, quad RG6, But i'm now thinking the boat receiver is not switching or seeing the alternate birds?
I had two non HD receivers that started this same routine, 311's, couple years ago took them out of service, didn't need them anymore anyway.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
House receiver has 110,119,129 in the check switch those are green. Signal on those 60+ all channels work.
The boat receiver has 61.5, 110,119 Green on check switch, the KVH TV4 aims at one sat only moving between those as selected. KVH disconnected, now on the house dish only 110 SD channels work, signal on 110 is prob 60. every so slightly lower than the house receiver.
I'd think the Boat receiver would work on 110 and 119, and see the 129 on the signal meter even though
it isn't in the check switch list?
Perplexing.

House receiver has 110,119,129 in the check switch those are green. Signal on those 60+ all channels work.
The boat receiver has 61.5, 110,119 Green on check switch, the KVH TV4 aims at one sat only moving between those as selected. KVH disconnected, now on the house dish only 110 SD channels work, signal on 110 is prob 60. every so slightly lower than the house receiver.
I'd think the Boat receiver would work on 110 and 119, and see the 129 on the signal meter even though
it isn't in the check switch list?
Perplexing.
So you are saying that you have wired the boat 211to the house system and then run a check switch on it and you only see 110? The check switch should change the matrix to all three. You might try to disconnect the coax from the boat 211 and run a check switch on it to clear it of everything. Then reconnect it and rerun the check switch. It seems like the 211still thinks it is still hooked up on the boat.

Yes, i see what you're saying, although it only sees 110 and 119 is in view also.
I'll run the check switch and see what happens.
Once I get the KVH dish working again, I'll have to put it back to 61.5, 110,119.
However, that begets the question: West is 110, 119, 129, east is the 61.5 and two others, (70's)
So i'm wondering what I should really be looking at, home or Boat? south East coast Fla. Lauderdale
for signal strength. Offshore Fla as well.(boat wise)

Ok to clarify, the boat receiver has 61.5, 110, 129 on the check switch screen, from the KVH dish set up,
when plugged into the house dish it only displays 110 channels, but 119 is or should be available.
On the signal screen only 110 shows a signal locked.. it doesn't show any signal strength for 119 or 129.

Ok to clarify, the boat receiver has 61.5, 110, 129 on the check switch screen, from the KVH dish set up,
when plugged into the house dish it only displays 110 channels, but 119 is or should be available.
On the signal screen only 110 shows a signal locked.. it doesn't show any signal strength for 119 or 129.
If you are seeing 110, 119, and 129 on the boat 211 but only seeing 110 channels I may have an answer. Your setup is similar to RVers who use Trav'lers when on the road. When the 211 is established that way it downloads some software that moves your Dish to its proper satellite for the channel you want to view. I have an idea that you have to re-download the current 211 firmware to re-establish the correct firmware for home use. I am not really the expert in this and I would wait for some of our RVer's to jump in and advise.

Reactions: pattykay
One more thing, the Miami/Ft Lauderdale HD locals are on 119 so you are a western arc sub. I am unsure why you are setup for split arc (61.5 vs 129) on the KVH system.

Ok, I know the KVH dish is programmed with the birds desired, and then prob a check switch is done,
The dish would go to the one being checked for based on voltage from the receiver I suppose.
I think easiest move tomorrow is move the boat receiver inside the house to confirm the same behavior or that the cable is good.
I can do the check switch, after that. Figure out later how to get it back to 61.5 if it sees 110,119 and 129 .
Appreciate the help!

Not sure why the KVH was set for split arc either, would think west at 110/119/129 would be best.
Anyway connected the Boat Receiver to the House Dish, once check switch ran it works fine.
Anyway knew the KVH black box is done but it got really confusing, caused by the boat receiver seeing 110,119,129 but check switch looking for 61.5, 110,119.
It was only seeing a couple channels on 110.
It must assign selection voltage based on visible satellites.

I also have a dish 500 I may set up for the Boat receiver, realizing most HD is on 61.5 or 129 I believe?
So I wouldn't get those, or maybe just a couple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)