Weird Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

str8poolbanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Johnstown, PA
So I have DTV with a SWM3 installed already on the house. My DVR a HR22-100 ONLY receives my locals during the early morning hours up untill about 6 PMish then it goes to a searching for signal on sat 2. All my signals remain the same wether it be AM or PM? Any ideas, as I have ran out of them after realigning the dish and dithering from scratch, resetting the receiver, restoring the receiver, and even running a new RG6 line for testing purposes.

So I have DTV with a SWM3 installed already on the house. My DVR a HR22-100 ONLY receives my locals during the early morning hours up untill about 6 PMish then it goes to a searching for signal on sat 2. All my signals remain the same wether it be AM or PM? Any ideas, as I have ran out of them after realigning the dish and dithering from scratch, resetting the receiver, restoring the receiver, and even running a new RG6 line for testing purposes.

So this is something that you CAN duplicate, thats good, makes it easier to diagnose.

If you've swapped out the RG6 and it still happens, I was gonna say check the connectors, but you've done that when you changed the coax....
Try swapping your LNB out next.

Before you do that .... reset the Power Inserter. You can also, seeing it's a swm set up, you can bypass the splitter as well, just to diagnose the HR22.

What are your other recvrs ?
Are they working fine or does it happen on all of them ?

So I have DTV with a SWM3 installed already on the house.

I'm betting you have an LNB going bad and it is at a stage where it's very sensitive to temperature. The fact that teh dish was there when you got there..... no idea how old it is.

So this is something that you CAN duplicate, thats good, makes it easier to diagnose.

If you've swapped out the RG6 and it still happens, I was gonna say check the connectors, but you've done that when you changed the coax....
Try swapping your LNB out next.

Before you do that .... reset the Power Inserter. You can also, seeing it's a swm set up, you can bypass the splitter as well, just to diagnose the HR22.

What are your other recvrs ?
Are they working fine or does it happen on all of them ?

Other than unplugging the Power Inserter, is there another way to reset it? I will try to bypass the SWM splitter today after work, also its the only receiver in the house.

Did you look for electrical connections on switches/timers. I keeping getting to the am/pm thing is there power to everything 24/7? Why SWM with only one recvr? Have you tried a service call? If it's new or you pay for PP, the only inconvienence would be sitting around the house for 4 hours waiting on the tech.

Other than unplugging the Power Inserter, is there another way to reset it? I will try to bypass the SWM splitter today after work, also its the only receiver in the house.

Nope, just unplug it for a few minutes....
You only have 1 recvr, then you really have no need for the splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)