Weird System Status Changes

bryan27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Walsingham, ON
Is VOOM getting ready to do something? No one else has posted anything that I can find, but earlier this evening and again now I noticed data changing in the System Status.

The EMM Providers that was always 1080, 55d has changed several times in the past few hours to:

1080, 553
1080, 556
1080, 559
and then back to 1080, 55d

The Authorization Status which was always SWO changed to MP, then a few hours later changed back to SWO.

I found this all to be rather odd. Can anyone shed some light on this?

It's good to know I'm not the only one. The EMM has now also been 15a, 15d, and a few other numbers I can't remember.

I thought I had a system figured out with the Authorization:

SWO=Basic Package
MP=Marquee Package
NS=Not Subscribed

I get NS if I check the status on channels not in my subscription, but there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to SWO & MP as SWO will show up if tuned to some Marquee channels and MP will show up if tuned to some basic channels.

June is almost over, I'm hoping this "weirdness" means something is going to happen very soon.

Same here. Last night my box locked up and I had to rebbot. I was optimistic and thought that it was soiftware update time. But No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got voomed on 6/15. Everything was working fine until this Saturday, 6/19, the box locked up while changing channels. No buttons worked on the remote or the front of the box with the exception of the power button, which I held in for 5 seconds to turn off the box. After powering back on again everything seemed to work okay, but the programming took over 4 hours to finally show up.

Then again on Monday 6/21 the box locked up again. This time the power button wouldn't even work. I had to unplug the box and plug it back in again to get the box to come back on. The programming took another 5 hours to download this time.

This morning I was watching HBOHD and the picture would black out for several seconds at a time or the sound would cut out for the same amount of time. Other channels seemed to be okay, with the limited testing that I did.

My satellite signal quality is 87 with a strength of 60 and a signal to noise of 17. It appears to be a voom 24 inch dish.

I am going to try to optimize the aim of the dish this weekend. Any suggestions? Is it my box or the antenna or the HBOHD channel that is creating the cut-outs?

I have noticed a lot of micro-stutters on all of the channels while viewing. Should I contact Customer support or is this "normal"?

Thanks

Hey and I thought it was just me. Yes my box's locked up a bunch of times since Sun. Norrmally it only does that when I click channel +/- too quickly.

I would like to think I am a patient and understanding person :rolleyes: but I really wish VOOM would serve notice before playing with the equipment. Hmmm. I just realized my wife has been telling me this for years. :haha

My box locked up this morning while trying to add a program to the Planner, it just froze with the Favorites list diplayed. This is the 2nd time it's done this at the same spot.

I really wish VOOM would serve notice before playing with the equipment. Hmmm. I just realized my wife has been telling me this for years.
I wouldn't mind a woman playing with my equipment without serving notice ;-)

tdillon said:
...the programming took over 4 hours to finally show up.
I usually get the PG much faster if I don't touch my remote during the first 10 minutes after the reboot. However, in your case the slow PG download might be caused by low signal quality (87 is no good!).

This morning I was watching HBOHD and the picture would black out for several seconds at a time or the sound would cut out for the same amount of time. Other channels seemed to be okay, with the limited testing that I did ... Is it my box or the antenna or the HBOHD channel that is creating the cut-outs?
I see the same problem from time to time. The problem seems to be specific to HBO. I don't think it has anything to do with your STB/dish.

I have noticed a lot of micro-stutters on all of the channels while viewing. Should I contact Customer support or is this "normal"?
If you are talking about frame drop-outs/jumps that happen every 33 second or so, this problem is software-related, and it will be fixed in the next version update.

I had the same problem with the stb locking up yesterda, 6/21. It was just installed on 6/20 and only took 10 min. to get the program guide. Yesterday, the remote wouldn't work and I couldn't turn the box off or on with the buttons on the box. Unplugged the box and plugged it back in. It came on and said it was getting the program guide. After about 30 min., I switched to cable and left it alone. 3 hours latter it was still loading the program guide. This morning it seemed to be ok.

With everyone having the same problem at about the same time I think it must be something Voom is doing and not our boxes, dish or TVs. Too much of a coincidence.

I guess it could be UFOs messing with the satellite. :)

I also noticed all the above and had to reboot twice as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)