Weird...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billsfan01

Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
I had to reboot my HR21-100 HD-DVR receiver the Sunday. I have just realized that I seem to have a problem after I turn the TV/DVR off.
Twice today, after I have turned the TV on via the DTV remote, the receiver has started up from scratch, so it takes 5 min or so to get going.
I am assuming that when I turned the TV off before the reboot, the DVR was really still on because it tapes the shows.
OK, so when I rebooted, I disengaged the 2 satellite coax and the power plug and then hooked them back up. That's it. I can't figure out why any of those 3 would have an effect on the ON/OFF of the DVR/remote, but that's the only thing I did.
Of course, I can't play with it tonight because the wife has programs recording, so maybe someone can give me an idea of what I need to look for tomorrow. I'm thinking it is probably something simple, a no-brainer, but rather than mess something else up here I am.
thanks in advance....
:what

I had to reboot my HR21-100 HD-DVR receiver the Sunday. I have just realized that I seem to have a problem after I turn the TV/DVR off.
Twice today, after I have turned the TV on via the DTV remote, the receiver has started up from scratch, so it takes 5 min or so to get going.
I am assuming that when I turned the TV off before the reboot, the DVR was really still on because it tapes the shows.
OK, so when I rebooted, I disengaged the 2 satellite coax and the power plug and then hooked them back up. That's it. I can't figure out why any of those 3 would have an effect on the ON/OFF of the DVR/remote, but that's the only thing I did.
Of course, I can't play with it tonight because the wife has programs recording, so maybe someone can give me an idea of what I need to look for tomorrow. I'm thinking it is probably something simple, a no-brainer, but rather than mess something else up here I am.
thanks in advance....
:what
Is this happening regularly, can you duplicate it ?
Could it just be a fluke thing, maybe the remote button stuck ?

Why are you removing the sat coax and power ?
If you need to reboot, use the on screen way , it's easier on the unit.
Think of it as a computer.

Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Reset > ReStart Rec. - in the box.
It's really not as complicated as it sounds.

Jimbo

re: weird problem

I thought that it had cleared up, but it is doing the same thing again.
I guess I'll call India. errr, the help desk, and see if they have a clue :tux:

The reason I pulled the connections was, if I have issues with my computer/internet connection, they alwasy tel lyou to reboot by disconnection, so I figured... why not try that.
Thanks for the input.
I will save those reboot instructions for next time I need to do it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)