Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Our software upgrade has been completed. Our OS for the server has been updated from FreeBSD 6.3 to FreeBSD 7.0!

We are sorry for the downtime, there was one library that would not compile correctly and this turned to be some kind of Cpanel issue which the good folks from Cpanel dialed in and fixed. :)

While we were down we listened to you again and did some forum shuffling to make it easier to find the information you're looking for! While it may need some minor tweaking you can now access your favorite and most used forums a lot more easily!

Thank you for your support and suggestions! We are always working to make SatelliteGuys better for YOU!

BTW I should note that once again because of all the work server caching is currently disabled. After 24 hours or so I will enable it after making sure there are no issues from the upgrade. This means the pages might not "pop up" as quickly as normal.

A Big SatelliteGuys THANK YOU goes out to LER (Larry Rosenman) who was working on the system from Noon until now! His hard work is definitely appreciated!

Thanks again for your support!

I personally do not like how the forums are now grouped. I preferred it the way that it was two times ago. :)

Oops sorry. I do see it now.
redface.gif

The Uplink Center is now a sub forum of the Dish Network forum.

The List is now in the FTA section, however I am looking at doing more with TheList as it is such a great resource, so the move for it is only temporary. :)

order of the forums

I didn't want to offer an opinion or recommendation for the ordering of the forums, worrying that ya might think it was negative input.
Nor did I want to start any arguments. :cool:

However, I think you did exactly what I would have suggested:
- the focus forums are listed first

What we had was "new things" at the top of the list.
And that was good, while we got to know them.
Now, they take their proper places.

Excellent job! - :up

I personally do not like how the forums are now grouped. I preferred it the way that it was two times ago. :)
There's no possible way to group/organize things in a way to make everyone happy. If they're grouped using logic and then it's explained why it was done the way it was, that's all Scott can do. Someone won't like it no matter what.

I give a big Foxbat Thumbs Up :up to the new layout. Even though I frequent the Pub and other non-satellite forums, I believe that the Satellite Forums needed to be at the top. Adding the "Top 3" to the top of the list makes sense.

A big thanks to LER for upgrading the OS on the server! Am I a few upgrades behind, or is SatelliteGuys.US down to one server now? I thought there were two (web and DB)?

I also really like the satellite forums being at the top with the other down lower. The remaining order may not be exactly what everyone wants, but it only makes sense to have the "big ones" at the top. Good job.

I like the new groupings/layout - very logical. My only thought is that it might be nice to put The Pub grouping 2nd, instead of 3rd. Not sure if moving it up might result in some additional pub members, but it couldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.