Welcome Computer Geeks and Gadget Freaks!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to our new computer and gadget forum!

If you are like me you love computers and always got to have the latest in electronic gadgets! This is why today we introduce this new forum, dedicated to supporting and discussing computers and gadgets!

I hope you enjoy the forum!

Scott would you be looking for opinions of fellow forum users in this section of the products they have recently purchased, not so much full blown reviews but opinions (Pros & Cons). To help us make informed buying decisions?

Great...cuz I'm look'n' for the next great PDA Phone on VZW and I know you'll find someone with some inside info. Thanks

I have a 6700 and I love it, however its almost time for another phone for me. :)

I have been waiting for the 6800 to come out, hopefully it hits soon.

I don't know what I would do without a PDA phone. :D

I have a Samsung i730 & love my sling mobile on it, it (i730) has its quirks, but I used some 3rd party apps it to speed up the processor & it runs like a champ. Also has A2DP on it now even though it doesn't ship with it.

The i760 should be out soon & it looks like it is going to be awesome

Welcome to our new computer and gadget forum!

If you are like me you love computers and always got to have the latest in electronic gadgets! This is why today we introduce this new forum, dedicated to supporting and discussing computers and gadgets!

I hope you enjoy the forum!

Scott is this the place we can talk POLICE scanners?
We just got real big news at last months Dayton hamvention(largest in the World).
News from GRE japan makers of many radio Shack scanners.

Let me know details as what I may talk about(as being a dealer) like not posting prices etc.

I have a 6700 and I love it, however its almost time for another phone for me. :)

I have been waiting for the 6800 to come out, hopefully it hits soon.

I don't know what I would do without a PDA phone. :D

I thought about getting the 6700 on Alltel's service but they charge $50 more for their plans that have the data service included and you can't just add the service by itself.

6700?

Not sure if you're all talking about the same device, but I have a Sprint PPC-6700 and it's great. Main reason I got it is so I could "Sling" television from my 622, but I also couldn't see myself going without a PDA/phone at this point.

belawrence: Yes, Scott has the VZW version of the 6700. I have the Sprint version, and love it.

PDA/Phone is the only way to go. I managed to avoid a company BlackBerry since the PPC-6700 will talk directly to the company Exchange (yuk) Server.

LER

My Current Phone is dying... a Motorola that had Internet capabilitys, have not been able to surf in 2 months... can still send video and pic's.
I am with altell what would be a good phone that is actually able to post etc here? The moto never was worth a damn as I had to keep logging in...

The 6800 is coming out soon, I heard in June or July. It is still under test. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for the upgrade until November. I have a 6700 now and do tons of stuff with it, Have all sorts of hacks on it for increased speed. There are a few quirks with it that have been documented by the manufacturer UT Starcom) and no solution for fix. BTW- the manufacturer is actually UT Starcom which is the Cell phone division of Audiovox. Audiovox is just for car stereos. The new 6800 will have a 520Mhz processor and have 2x the internal ram as the 6700 But, it will use the microSD card for memory. The other big thing for the 6800 is the dual camera on both sides. The front camera is to use with video phone applications so you can see the screen while the other person sees you. The back side camera is like the 6700 but will be higher pixel count. Not sure but I recall the guy who showed me the demo at CES said it will be 3Mpixels with a fast save plus video at full 640x480.

Wow, that is one powerful gadget, too bad Alltel charges out the butt for their data service. You can't just add it to a plan anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)