Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi there

I am an ex "C" band user and now on cable which I enjoy very much for regular programming. Am also an inactive ham radio operator. Have always enjoyed shortwave listening and now think that I would like to go "SKY VIEWING".
I still have my old 10' prime focus, small mesh motorized metal dish that still tracks the arc very well which I would like to outfit with a circular-linear LNB to see what is up there. Still looking for a receiver and would like to get one with USB updating.
Am going to need a lot of help to get it all set up. Have spent my life in electronics servicing but this is all new to me. Look forward to meeting you all on the forums.
Delano

My first posting.

I don't think this is hacking as we would not be using the receiver to receive a satallite or cable signal, this is correct isn't it? Don't need any trouble.

We don't have cable or a satallite box.

Next year I understand we will need a digital receiver inorder to receive the TV signal on a old (analog?) TV. I have heard that you can buy some models of Digital-TV receivers and they will receive the digital signal and display it on our old TV, (using a indoor homemade antenna) but not all tuners have this ability.
I see lots of Direct TV tuners on EBAY but am afraid to just buy any one.
What are some models that will work or what is the buzz word that describes this ability.
Thanks

Anyone have suggestions?

Hi - I live at Lake Anna in the middle of Virginia. I am a retired engineer and use satellite services for all comm - land lines don't work here in the country. I am currently linked by directv and hughesnet. When I built it I prewired the house with RG6 and ethernet. I am watching developments with single wire multiswitch and directv hardware. I will be upgrading to a 5lnb dish when it looks right. In the mean time, I watch and wait.

Hey guys been a memeber for a while just dont get on this one to much , but now with some down time im lookijn,been in this biz since primestar and never left.I have upgraded myself to vsat stuff.bigger dishes with bigger pay.gotta love it.

Tivo to HR21

I had an HR10-250 Tivo. One of several units I have owned. I love Tivo.
Had to change to HR 21 to mpeg 4.
I requested the HR-20 so I could have antenna input for the local HD channels.
D* said they would deliver, but when they showed up for install, they had HR21, no choice.

Why should they care. Does anyone know how to get them to provide the receiver I want?

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say hello! I'm a newbie to this site and love to find out new things going on for DirecTV. I'm actually returning to satellite tv. I changed to Comcast for their onDemand and fast internet service and had nothing but headaches with their TV service and their DVR software is horrible! I have an R10 and now have the HR21-200. My wife an I like the machine and the software. It is not as bad as some make it out to be. I'm looking forward to putting a fresh CE download on my system to test DoD. I have it connected to my cable internet service at their so called "16 MB" service so we'll see how that does with the downloading of programs. I try to be a techie also. Try is the key word! :)

Hello everyone. I'm probably the last person in the world to find out D*V went to MPEG4. I heard from a friend who was a new subscriber (I've been with D since they took over PrimeStar) he had HD channels I did not. Quick phone call to CSR determined my Tivo HR 10-250 was obsolete. SatelliteGuys were instrumental on helping me make an educated decision for upgrading my equipment. I now have the HR21-700 and have had no major issues. Many Thanks to the SatelliteGuys and other Forum members for valuable intel and information.

Just wanted to say Hello!

New member here from Louisiana, just getting started with FTA. Looks like this forum has alot of knowledgable members and I hope to find the answers to my questions about FTA here as i begin buying equiptment.

I also want to add, I am a Journeyman Electrician by day, so if anyone needs help with the electrical side, Please dont hesitate to contact me.