Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello all. I am new here as well, only posted a few times since joining. I have been a E* sub for over 5yrs, and an HD sub for 1.5yrs. I am a Fiber Network Technician for a large Telcom. I am enjoying the content on this site since joining and also prior to actually signing up. Keep up the good work guys!!!:up

Thanks and a Big What up to Everyone out there,,,I have been a spectator long enough and wanted to get in the mix by saying hello. I'm getting my Newbie red wings on hooking up my Panasonic 50" Plasma to my new VIP622 using a Dish 1000.2 LNBF. I will keep my existing Re522 Duel tuner receiver as well for two additional TV's. Sounds simple enough but I hope if I have any problems I can feel free to ask and make some new friends.

Kneedeep440

I was a Dish customer a few years ago and left due to a repair problem I couldn't get solved.

Have Cox cable right now, but I'm in a condo and the upper floors have bad reception.

Looking around here and wondering if I should try DirecTV.

Hi Guys....I'm interested in knowing if FTA receivers"Viewsat Ultra" would work on on any of the two birds in West africa....?

hi everybody

hi i am so happy to enjoy this network, i did something stupid with my patsan 2700a modem and i do not know how to fix it , help :(:(:(:(:(

New to dish & forum

New Dish customer, been surviving on OTA only up to now. Install schedule was apparently booked out to mid-Feb for our area, so haven't seen it yet to give any feedback. Found this forum priceless in doing upfront research. Find myself accessing this every day or two now, just to keep up on what's new and what to expect. Great resource!

hey guys

I am from Texas and have been looking on the internet for some problem solutions for my new tv installation!! Our installers (friends of our kids) can't really seem to find the problem. We have 3 Dish TV boxes located in a central video/audio room serving 6 locations - 2 LCD tv's, 1 projector, and 3 regular tv's. The LCD's and projector have issues with humming (which has been resolved) and rolling horizontal lines (most annoying). The wiring and individual units have been tested and are OK - they seem to think it is a power issue - I seem to think they are grasping at straws but since they are friends of the family I feel weird saying too much - but I really need some kind of answer. Any suggestions.

lsisk

You've got grounding issues. The hum and the rolling lines prove that. All of the circuits involved are not bonded to the same ground. You need to fix that to fix your issue.

Hello all. I am a new member here I am hoping to find some help setting up my ViewSat and set my Satellite. I am glad to have found this site and happy to be here...

Hello eveyone!!

I'd like to introduce myself and say "Hi" to all you good folks!!

I recently moved back to DTV after a year with Dish.
This move was mostly predicated on the ease of use with DTV SD in a motorhome (no switching between satellites to get all my SD channels) and that fact that over the past year DTV has really come up to speed with it's HD programming.
I have two HR21-700's that I'm using in my home now, and have found their features to be better than I expected, but I do miss some of the features that the VIP622 has (primarily the slick guide interface, auto-tune and on-timer).

In any case, glad to be here, and looking forward to reading the many informative posts here

Digital Tuner to receive local digital signal from antenna

My first posting.

I don't think this is hacking as we would not be using the receiver to receive a satallite or cable signal, this is correct isn't it? Don't need any trouble.

We don't have cable or a satallite box.

Next year I understand we will need a digital receiver inorder to receive the TV signal on a old (analog?) TV. I have heard that you can buy some models of Digital-TV receivers and they will receive the digital signal and display it on our old TV, (using a indoor homemade antenna) but not all tuners have this ability.
I see lots of Direct TV tuners on EBAY but am afraid to just buy any one.
What are some models that will work or what is the buzz word that describes this ability.
Thanks