Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi from Dallas,

I have a cband dish blotting the landscape and a 4dtv receiver. Just wondering what it can be used for. I saw on a google search that the Setanta channel offered by directv is available as FTA. That would be great so I thought I would investigate. Any help please email me.

Please don;t flame if this is a much debated subject - I've just joined, was prompted to post so i did so. I know how to search!!

Thanks

I'ma newbie

Thanks to this website I have had great success with fta acessing G10R with a 6ft mesh dish, dual lnbf with two receivers, my next goal is to acess amc-3 to get pbs, with another dish. However I am not sure what size dish to use here in central Washington state. I would like to use a little smaller than 6ft, any sugestions would certainly be appreciated. Thanks to all who have posted, as I have used the information garnered from many posts to learn what I have, from knowing absolutely nothing about satallite signals, to a very nicely working dedicated G10R system.
Hammerider

HD Slimline install

Hi,

I'm looking for the easiest way to align a new DirectTV slimline dish for HD reception. I have not yet purchased the HD receiver/DVR so any recommendations would be helpful and appreciated.

Also, I'm wondering if I might just use a spectrum analyzer for peaking and alignment of the new dish....I have access to lots of equipment and would rather not spend any money on meters etc....

Last, I recognize that the new dish is a heavier piece of gear than the old round dish....Is it possible to continue the use of my chimney mount without too much trouble?

Thanks for any comments.

Bob :hungry:

Hello: I decided to subscribe to try to find some help with my HughesNet service and to learn about alternative satellite providers. Our HughesNet has been problematic but satellite is our only option here in rural New Mexico. I'm technocologically ignorant but do want to expand my knowledge. I'm looking forward to this experience. Victoria

Hello: I live in rural New Mexico and satellite is our only option. I'm looking forward to learning more about services available, especially VoIpoS. Victoria

Hi from a newbie

Hi all,

I am new to DISH and new to these forums. I am attempting to learn about DISH and broadband networking. I have a VIP722 and a VIP222. I think the VIP722 supports networking but that the VIP222 doesn't. At least not yet. I am hopeful that it will in the future.

I have just switched to DISH from Direct. So far I am happy with the change.

I am an engineer by training and have just retired from a long career in IT and consulting.

Just joined today... I'm hoping to figure out why I'm missing a single transponder (SAT A 101 transponder 6) on my Directv HD receiver.

new to satellite

I am a Computer/Video conferencing tech trying to wrap his head around the whole FTA satellite thing. You would think it would be an easy transition but I have got to tell you I've been pretty much lost in the sauce. I am pessimistic that I'll find answers here. Most of you seem really helpful, but conversations quickly degrade into Satspeak and I just can't keep up. Never been so frustated in my life. I'll keep plugging along maybe something will sink in.

Later :eek:

Hello and help getting started (where to go)

Hello all. I am brand new to the forum and am having trouble searching for the thread I need. I'm sure this has been covered before, so if somone can just point me to the correct link I'll start there. I just connected my DirecTV DVR (a 21, I believe) to my DSL. The connection is a wire connection from the back of a wireless router (Actiontek) to the back of the DVR. I also have a laptop connected wirelessly. I'm trying to figure out how to view home movies and pics, etc., on my TV. Any info on where I can go to get started would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, my name is John, I am 50 married and am tired of paying so much for entertainment, so am looking for a way to watch TV at a better value. I live in Fort Lauderdale, for about 5 yrs. now and am trying to find away to make ends meet. I need to know what equip. I have to buy for the free air thing and where to buy it. I also want to know is my DTV sat. good for this app.