Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

New, need info.

:) I joined yesterday, when I was struggling to get a satellite up and running. It is a motorized dish. Still don't have it functioning properly, but am continuing to strive to "Make it Work"

cevans

Hello All

Just switched over from Comcast Cable to the Dish Network 2 weeks ago. Got a HT in the Living Room setup. I'm always looking for tips and tricks when using any hardware.

I like to learn as much as I can, and am more than willing to dispense whatever wisdom I can in return.

Equipment list:
Dish VIP722
Dish 322
Hitachi 57F59 HDTV
Outlaw Audio 990/7075 (pre-pro/amp)
Ascend Acoustics speakers for 5 channels
SVS 25-31PC Subwoofer for shaking the house

Last edited:
Displaced Orphan

Hi to all coming in from a different web site. I want to try getting into Free To Air rather then the dark side of satellite TV. U.P.S. is delivering a 90cm dish, a sig 2100 motor and and a Invacom quad QPH-031 LNB this afternoon, so I will be down in the forums looking at how to set things up, please be patient I'm new to being back in the sunshine.

Dimoutlook

well, i just wanted to say hello to the few or many that already knows me. been a lurker off and on with this sight. i hope i can give help to anyone that needs it.

Hello

I just wanted to say hello and let you guys know
you have nice site here. I hope to learn a lot about
true FTA here .
thanks
GATORONEONE

Hello All

Hello everyone! :cool:

Looks like a pretty good bunch here.

I have been FTA-ing for about 10 months and find it a great hobby.

My stuff:

STB: Pansat 3500SD
Dish: Fortech 90
Motor: STAB 100
LNB: Invacom QPH-031

My current interest is the demise and replacement of the Galaxy 10R satellite which I point at very often, but get weak signals.

Dennise

Hi...

Hi ppl. What a nice welcome! I don't usually join forums, but my FSM said this was a good one. I started @ Dish Network 2 months ago, so I am newly on my own as an installation tech. My first 3 weeks on my own were absolutely hell, but I'm learning from my mistakes. It can be a difficult job esp. entering with no knowledge of LNBs, receivers, switches, etc. Before 2 months ago I had never stripped a coaxial..lol. Now I've probley stripped thousands.

Hello from a new member

Just wanted to say "hello". I tend to join forums when looking for information. Sometimes I can get most of the information just by reading but sometimes I need to ask questions.

I am a member of a couple of musician forums (Seymour Duncan mainly), a Dodge forum, and a couple of others. I dabble with guitar and have been on several church worship teams, drive a Dodge Caliber (go figure), and work as a Cobol programmer for a software company.

I have been a cable customer since just after hurricane Katrina but have been dissatisfied with the quality of the HD stations (not enough bandwidth for the number of stations being pushed down the pipe). Therefore, I have been looking into moving to DirectTV and found this place as a wealth of information.

I probably won't do an awful lot of posting (been through that phase on music forums) as time tends to be at a premium but will most likely do a lot of reading.

Thanks for the forum. It's already given me a decent start on understanding the choices out there.

Hi everyone. I've been reading peoples comments on Dishnetwork's awful deed and have enjoyed it a lot:)

Glad to join myself

just want to take a minute and say HELLO to everyone. need to know where to go to ask questions, THANKS EVERYONE:)

Newbie sayin' hi.

Will try to search as I am familiar with the forum
setup. If I can't find what I'm looking for will be back
with some questions about my vip 622 as I've had it for nearly a year
and haven't used it yet.
Thank's for the welcome.
Craig.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)