Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello ALL.

:mad: Heck of a way to get started but I can't find the POST button or how to open a new post. Sorry for REPLYing when I mean to intro myself to this forum.

Moving in a month or two and need to choose my TV provider once more. Options are DISH, DIRECTV, Charter Cable and suggestions that serve Gilroy, California from experienced folks .

I have Charter Cable and Internet service but am having problems with Charter Customer Service reps re: Motorola 6416. Seems like this should be a terrific box. Two tuners, lots of interface addition options on back. But no one knows what works and what doesn't. Bought a 750G hard drive to "add on" but am not successful getting it to be useful yet. Also no PIP support. Generally poor customer support. Got User Manual from Motorola site.

Previously had DishTV in the Sacramento area and was pleased with their products and service.

I am a hockey fan and want to watch our local hockey team, the San Jose Sharks. Got virtually all games in Sacramento. No one seems to know what they offer down in Gilroy. So I'll be scanning the forums looking for clues to help me make the right choice. All suggestions welcome. Bob

New FTA enthusiast

Hello,

Name here is Richard. Used to install the old fiberglass dishes in my younger days before finally getting the 'new' mesh dishes later on.

Interests include computers, ham radio and electronics in general.

I live in TN and was thinking of getting back into satellite.

Richard

Hi,
I'm became a Dish Network subscriber about 8 months ago and was looking for a place to learn more about satellite tv and electronics in general and this seems the place to be!
I like what I've read in the forums so far.

Welcome

Hello,

Name here is Richard. Used to install the old fiberglass dishes in my younger days before finally getting the 'new' mesh dishes later on.

Interests include computers, ham radio and electronics in general.

I live in TN and was thinking of getting back into satellite.

Richard
Hello Richard,

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

:welcome
Hope to see you around the

Free To Air (FTA) Discussion and the C-Band Discussion thread. Love to hear some of your stories!

TOM
:D

just sayin hi

I joined the other day in preparation of going legit fta no more going on the bin beggin site and listin to the whiners.....true fta seems like such a breath of fresh air I can't wait....thanks for a site like this.......I hope anti hack talk is ok....

jake14

HI FOLKS...I am from Dayton, OH. A Dish customer. I became a member because this site gave me great information and I also like to read the rumor.

greetings

Hello friends,

New to FTA, heard about it from a coworker... Into all things Armenian so my initial goal is to get hooked up with the Telestar 5 / Galaxy 25 star so I can get "ARTN" and "Horizon". Then we'll see where it goes from there. I've got my equipment, and am messing around, but no luck yet...

Hovik

Introducing Myself

I am a current Dish Network Inbound Call Center Supervisor.
I am born and raised in the USA. I have never even left the USA, well I took a day trip to Mexico once in HS w/ my family.:D
I have been w/ Dish since 11/06 and am trained in direct accts and bundled accts w/ tele-com (ATT, etc).
I have worked my way up in the company starting as a Tech and working my way up to Tech III and Advanced Tech Rep. Now onto Sup.
Since I am a Tech agent I am not perfect w/ billing but I know most of it. I understand all the policies and procedures.
If you have any ?’s for me I will gladly take them at my email address. If you are going to cuss me or Dish I will just delete but I will help you if its something you need more clarification on.

Ann

ETA Just wanted to say I didnt see the New Members Say Hi Here thread. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Hello from West Michigan!

Just discovered SatelliteGuys today. WOW! I'm a new Dish HD subscriber with a brand new Sony 52 inch LCD (upgrade from a 32 inch CRT). The better to watch Notre Dame football on an HDTV.

Now if I can just figure out how to transfer items on the DVR to my computer so I can archive to DVD . . . Great.

- 0 -

Hi Everyone,

Just like most "newbys" to this forum, I am trying to decide which service to use when I move in a few months. My choices are Dish TV, DirecTV, Charter and who knows? I am not a fan of Tivo due to its slow response to commands and its program selection method. A high priority for my choice is whether I can view SJ Sharks Hockey in HD. :)

I found this place when I had problems with a Bell system I have. With a little help from Iceberg, I have solved my problem, and found a cool place to spend a little time. The fact that he would PM me so quick speaks volumes to me about the folks here.

Hi all , am from down under New Zealand and after having a look around your site and forums accepted the invitation to join your forum, so thank you for that. I am reasonably experienced in satellite dish installs and am here to both share my experience and to gain insights into satellite TV and new innovations in your part of the world. Thank you. Paul

You really should delete this post. From what you've posted here, it shouldn't be hard to filter down through a list of EDITED to find out which ones were new hires back in Edited and started out as a EDITED.

They will fire you. They already have to most of the other EDITED who let out too much personally identifiable information.

Last edited:
I was just going to say the same thing. It is great that you want to help, but you are putting your job in peril by posting here.

Hello to every one. I have not posted any thing as of yet, I have been doing a lot of reading .I have found this site to be very good to obtain all the information that a tester will need. Just want to say thank you , from southeastern ohio.