Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hola......

I'm Tony Rome living in Cozumel Mx. ....joined looking for information on Neusat
SP6000 and hope to be a good contributing member as well as receive some great
advise and knowledge here......

Hi everyone. Just found you guys and am glad that I did. As you can tell by my username, I am a huge Nascar Fan. Besides that, I do DB programming from the house.

My goal here is to learn some new things as I am looking at FTA and rid myself of this cable box.

I'll be around so feel free to drop me a line about anything.

Later,

NascarFan

P.S. For the curious....#88 is my favorite.....:)

ok, i finally bought an hd dish box. then i bought a 37 inch bravia 720p lcd. so far, i am reasonably happy but there are questions that no one even the geeks at best buy can answer and neither can any one else i ask. i see several saying why do i have to do a restart of the dish box. they are asking about different boxes but my 612 acts the same way. the tech says he can't do anyting about it unless he sees it. you have to be kidding. the talking heads on channel 100 or is it 101 should be answering some hard questions. it took me several days before i could get an hd order processed -- neither the phone order entry would work nor would the web site. finally a talking head in the philipines processed my order only to get a 211 box instead of the 612.

one of my current quesitons is this. ota service here in la shows some local channels broadcasting in 1080i but the sat delivers 720p. what gives and just how is this done? the sat seems to have a clearer picture. does the sat deliver only 720p for hd or do they down convert the broadcast signal to 710p?

i still have alot of questions about what i consider a complete sham on hd especially 1080i.

looking for some answers.

jayhawk999

hello to all..... i just registered today, did my hello a few minutes ago, but i think i posted in the wrong forum...... smiles..... ill just read for now....see whats here.... see you later

Hello
I am saying hello to the folks here. I use Satellite tv services at my condo and my cottage but find it a bit mysterious so by joining you guys, hopefully I can find some answers when I need to.
Joy

Hello from SW Oklahoma.

I'm an E* customer (DishHD Absolute, ViP 722 receiver). Hoping E* will "turn on" the HD local channels they've had up-linked on the bird at 61.5° since early April sometime soon. Came here looking for a little more news about that. NFL season is now underway and the new fall TV network programming is fixing to begin.

New member from Oceanside, CA... I've had DTV since 2005 and have read the forums for over a year before finally registering.

I have 2 HR21-100 receivers connected to an LG 50" Plasma 720p and Samsung 37" LCD 1080p.

I've also been a Sirius subscriber since 2006.

This place is a great resource for information! I should've registered sooner!!

Hello,
My name is Robert and I'm new to the forum. I am a Field Technician for Dish Network by AEI. I will gladly answer any questions that you may have to the best of my ability. I like hanging out with friends and I love my job! Hope to help soon! :D

Just introducing my self

Hi,

Shnippy from western Washington. Just purchased some components to try to get my mom her 3ABN back after she moved.

I will try to post in the appropriate forum.

Nice to meet you all.

Shnippy