Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

:mad:

Hello My name is Ed,
I am new to Satellite television and have just found this forum. I have just obtained a receiver for the Bell Canada system which I planned to use in my Motor home. Hopefully I can find some information regarding receiving Canadian broadcast when travelling in the South Western part of the USA.

Hi

Nice to know your here, My name is Ernie and a total newbee to PC TV. I hooked to dish network as TV2 through cable to the dual receiever box.
the other end to my hauppage 1800 and set the chanell to 73 and I get picture and sound through their software. But when I try to use Media Center Vista Home Premium it doesn't detect any signal. I had it working before recent format but for the life of me can't remember what I did in Manually set up, to get it working then, hoping someone here can shed some light and help me reset Media Center up manually so that I can utilize the Media Center software.
Thanks in advance
Ernie Martin

I'm finally saying Hi!

I would like to take the time to finally say Hi. Last October, I suffered from double detached retinas. 7 operations later I am starting to get back to normal. During that time (when I could see a little bit and my wife stopped complaining about the nose prints on the monitor ) I would visit FTA forums and read. Satellite Guys.US had by far the most considerate and knowledgeable members concerning True FTA, which is what I am interested in learning about. For the last two months I have been out collecting equipment (a .98m Direcway, 75E Starchoice, and a 1.2m Channel Master dish and an Ariza 500 receiver). Now I'm off to the FTA Forum section to post a question or two.

new to this site

Hi I am new to this site but not new to fta join here to help brother set c-band to get g4 So hi i will checking forums to answers my questions got to find out what he needs and how to set up he just want to get christian channels wish me happy hunting

Hi all, I've made quite a few posts (almost 60) and I've never posted anything about my background. I'm a prodigy in recreational and camping activities, but during my stint in college, I got some experience with working with college and high school athletes, some who have gone on to play professional sports. I also have family and distant relations in various areas of the entertainment biz, (behind the scenes, actors and musicians), plus I helped my family run a camp until 2002, (due to tree beetles causing a lot of damage). I have a disability that prevents me from holding a job, but volunteer every now and then if I'm physically able to. I've helped out with the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Fellowship of Christian Athletes in the past, plus I have had expeience with C-Band, DirecTV, DN and cable systems to a certain extent. And I'm sort of a cheapskate.

hello

i am here to learn more about fta and to pick a decent box. i want to install it myself for fun, but it looks challenging at first sight. Any recommendations are welcomed. Thanks

Welcome to all the recent new members.....Welcome aboard!!

Hi All

Hello
I have been to this site a few times threw the years, & am impressed with its growth--- Thanks for all the help in the past ----
I started in the 80s with BUD & still in FTA today.
I still use a motorized 10' mesh, with good results.
Thanks for all future help !

Just new here, saying hello

Hi, just stoping to say hi, I'm Scott Cates, just joined a bit ago, I've been a sat tech for about 7 years now, for both dish and direct. Hope I can help once in a while and pick some advice myself when needed. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

A quick intro

I've found satelliteguys.us to be a great resource since stumbling on to it recently. I'm interested in FTA as sort of an enhancement to my long-term interest in short-wave radio. I hope to save up for something like a Sadoun moveable dish FTA package - in the meantime I'm trying to learn more and see if I can find some low-cost ways to get my feet wet.

hello hello hello

hello, don't know much ,been at this fta for about 6 yrs,(remember , h,hu, p4,p5, blackbird,,,,,) now I have viewsatultra and coolsat6000 .
I also make my own fuel, (not just from corn), I also hydro -boost with hydrogen,, I live in the foothills of the Ozarks, love alternative fuels.:cool:

Hi all. I have viewed this site a few times and the information that you all provide is very good. I am hoping that I have time to add to the discussions in the near future.

Thanks!

:) Bill

Hello all,
I am jeanne from Arizona..am ignorant (unlearned) concerning lots of subjects, but am willing to learn. So glad to have found your site!!