Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Dear Fellow Members. I just joined yoday. I live in Colombia, and my main field of application is Marine Industry. I am needing some tips on compatibility on Satellite coverage for my region.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm trying to figure this thing out. I've never done the thread or forum thing, so it's all Greek to me. I have had a big dish for about 20 years ever since we used to tune them with a knob. When digital came along, I got a 4DTV and a sidecar, but ever since HBO HD went away, the sidecar has just been sitting unused. I bought a Pansat HD MPEG FTA receiver to get the MPEG II stuff, and it's not a bad box, except it needs a hard reboot a few times a night. After I sent it in for some warranty work, it got worse. It's out of warranty now. Anyway, I wanted to upgrade what I have in order to get more free stuff and I am open to any suggestions anyone has about MPEG 4 or 4:2:2 stuff. The Pansat picks up DVB and DVB S-2 stuff, although I don't know what that is, but from what I can gather, there is a lot more unencrypted stuff out there, but in different formats than what my receivers can get. What do you pros suggest? Also, does anybody know any groups that do the backhaul e-mail thing? I used to belong to an e-mail mailing list that would send an e-mail when someone found a backhaul on an NFL game. I guess the league is pretty tight about that now and encrypts, but I'll bet that somewhere there is a game on a network that didn't get encrypted, and you know what they say, "If it ain't encrypted, there's no reasonable expectation of privacy." That means we can watch it.

Hello all,
New member interested in Dish VIP622 issues. I've been a happy (most of the time) Dish user since 1996. Looking forward to solving some issues.

Howard

Hello to all from Leonid.
I am new to FTA, using Galaxy 19, but able to get transponder 3 only (with KWT 2). What am I missing from my 33'' Digiwave dish ?

Hello to all from Leonid.
I am new to FTA, using Galaxy 19, but able to get transponder 3 only (with KWT 2). What am I missing from my 33'' Digiwave dish ?

Welcome, even though there´s good stuff on Kuwait 2, but yes you are missing many tps on that bird

Am in Mexico City and a dish user for more than 10 years. Have gained very useful insight and information on what is going on in our part of the world and plan to post questions to unanswered reception problems I have been experiencing. Thanks to you I have been able to discuss issues with my dish techs and understand/question them. Thanks

Am in Mexico City and a dish user for more than 10 years. Have gained very useful insight and information on what is going on in our part of the world and plan to post questions to unanswered reception problems I have been experiencing. Thanks to you I have been able to discuss issues with my dish techs and understand/question them. Thanks

Hello Chicasat, Welcome and greetings from Mexico city.