Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello all. I have to say I am new at all of this satellite stuff been a cable person as long as i can remember just had the Directv HR20 100S installed and looking forward to all the Hi Def that Directv has promised I hope i wont be to much of a nag because i have a lot of questions

New guy here...with a c-band/ku-band dish. I'm confused by the re-naming of the various satellites. Is there a website where I can get a current list of satellite names and locations.

Also, where is G9? For example, WNBC East is supposed to be at G9-502. I cannot find that bird. Help!
Thanks...

Hello

Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I am trying to decide which satellite provider to go with, and this site seems like a good place to find out. Thanks to all who have contributed info. I have learned a lot just today by browsing the forums.

Well hello and welcome to Satellite Guys. Do you have an FTA setup? Perhaps you'd like to tell us about it. If not enjoy your look around and perhaps soon you will have one!

New guy here...with a c-band/ku-band dish. I'm confused by the re-naming of the various satellites. Is there a website where I can get a current list of satellite names and locations.

Also, where is G9? For example, WNBC East is supposed to be at G9-502. I cannot find that bird. Help!
Thanks...
WNBC is no longer available, and it's now WXIA, out of Atlanta. You will need a 4dtv receiver with a subscription to get it. And it is no longer on G13 (G9 on 4dtv) @ 127.0w, it's now found on G3 @ 95.0w. Here you can find a chart of the Satellites:
LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite

But this chart is not a conversion of the old names found in analog receivers or the 4dtv receivers. Do as Iceberg suggest and ask people in the FTA and C-band sections.

Al

Hello !!

I was referred to this site when I asked someone about equip for FTA and "back haul" feeds.

So from what I see I have a lot reading to do.

Thanks for allowing me to join.

Hi, everyone.. Just new here and looking for help with all the problems with satellites these days.. I;ll post if I can find any solutions

Cheers

Hi everybody - I am new and have questions about American satellite tv..... I'm in the UK and have a satellite setup...so if you have any questions about sat this side of the pond, feel free to ask me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)