Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

New in the Cincinnati

Hello everyone! I just got Dish Network in the Cincinnati area and have some HD questions...but can't seem to post in the forum keep getting "invalid thread" message...I'll work on it though!

Hello, glad to be aboard. I just signed up a few minutes ago, mainly to check on an item I bought from one of the Classified listings, but now I'm starting to get a little worried because someone else posted saying that the seller already shipped it to him. ARGGHHH.

Hello to group

Hello -
New forum user here, long time surfer. Dish user with the new USB external drive option, will be looking to see how it works for people. Also a Commercial DirecTV dealer.

Hello to Everyone

I just wanted to say hello to everyone on the forum.. I have been reading some posts and I am very interested in learning more about satellites and hopefully purchasing my first set up sometime this week. Thanks to all in advance for the wealth of knowledge I have already gained in this short time.

Cheers,
Robert

Hey - New member

Hello,

The login process encouraged me to introduce myself, so here it goes.

I have been in IT since 1986, with an emphesis on networking the past 15 years or so. I work for a NGO in Dallas TX.

Recently one of our remote teams in Guatemala asked me to come come and look over their small 20 node network. One of the "oh by the ways" was - can you see if the satillite is in alginment. I think they meant, is our satellite disk in alighment.

So that is what brought me here. I do not have any training or alighment tools, so I really don't want to touch the dish, but I probably will go up and make sure it is secure.

Is it normal to have 3 sec delays connecting to Hispasat in Guatemala?

Thank you.

Chuck

welcome :wave to the new members :)

candl...check out our FTA section. Lots of good info there on Hispasat...as far as I know it shouldnt be that long of a delay on most channels. There are a couple that do take 4-5 seconds to come in

new to this

Hi there, joined today just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome and look forward to speaking to you soon cheeers Rob.

Hello to all,

Looking forward to using this site in the future to help me decide the best route to selecting the best way to go with HD.

Leaning to Dish 1000.2 and 622 receiver with outright purchase so that I can keep the equipment instead of sending back after 18 months if I decide to stop programming.

New to the board. Looking to switch to satellite to be able to watch the Rugby World Cup on Setanta. Trying to decide between DirecTV and DISH. Look forward to any recommendations!

Greetings - I have a Dish 942 and Dish 522 and have enjoyed them both. I thought I'd join here to updates, info and help when I needed them.
Thanks!

'ello guvna

Figured I'd introduce myself since the title at the top recommended it. :)

I'm a dish network subscriber. We've had dish pretty much since the beginning days, and I made the mistake of switching to cable for a brief period of time.

Anywho i'm on dish's hd service and although i'm not to crazy about their receivers I can't really argue with the service which has been great for me.

Anyways thats enough for an intro. Now i'm gonna go post in the dish section.

Hi everyone!

My name is Jared - I live in the Louisville area in Kentucky. I just recently moved out to the country to get away from the busy city life. It's much more quiet out there, THANK GOD! Let's see-- I like camping, hiking, fishing, riding my son's four-wheeler that I got him for Christmas this year (well, technically it was a present to him, but ahem, I have a little fun with it myself). I work at a Pontiac dealership and have been there for about 10 years. I'm happily married with two sons! They're dying to get the internet back up, as we're way too far out to get the normal services, so I got on this forum to find the best possible satellite internet I can find. I'm pretty meticulous about any purchase I make, so I do LOTS of research. You can never be too careful! I've seen people make some of the dumbest purchases while working on a car lot - they just totally blow their cash and have no clue!

Go Cards!

-Jared:hatsoff:

My name is Jared - I live in the Louisville area in Kentucky. I just recently moved out to the country to get away from the busy city life. It's much more quiet out there, THANK GOD! Let's see-- I like camping, hiking, fishing, riding my son's four-wheeler that I got him for Christmas this year (well, technically it was a present to him, but ahem, I have a little fun with it myself). I work at a Pontiac dealership and have been there for about 10 years. I'm happily married with two sons! They're dying to get the internet back up, as we're way too far out to get the normal services, so I got on this forum to find the best possible satellite internet I can find. I'm pretty meticulous about any purchase I make, so I do LOTS of research. You can never be too careful! I've seen people make some of the dumbest purchases while working on a car lot - they just totally blow their cash and have no clue!

Go Cards!

-Jared:hatsoff:

:welcome everybody

Your not allowed to root for the Louisville Cardinals here, only the Kentucky Wildcats. ;) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts