Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

does anyone know if FTA is worth switching to from the pay satellite companies like direct tv! in the late 80's I had cband unit, is the FTA units like the c band units
What can I say, one man's Garbage can be another man's treasure? I watch FTA with a C-Band dish, so yes it's sort of like it. But I have subscription Satellite with my 4dtv receiver and my C-Band dish. If you don't need Lifetime or Halmark, you could easily get by with FTA only. FTA isn't for everybody, you might be happier if you get FTA as a supplement to your Directv service. And then compare the 2 and see for yourself if you can get along without Directv?
Welcome to SatelliteGuys !!!

Al

Hi. I am a new member. I own a land surveying company near Yosemite, CA and have been a directv user for many years. Am looking forward to the new HD channels. Have an HR20 receiver, Sony 60" LCD 1080i and a Bose Lifestyle DVD/Audio.

I've arrived......

And I am excited. I will be getting hooked to E* monday and I am kicking myself for wasting $$ with cable for so long. I am looking foward to all that awaits when the installer leaves.....popping some popcorn....popping open a cold one...turning off the phones...paying the wife and kids to leave for shopping/eating and relaxing with some heavy duty programming!!

Channel master (add local channel greater than 5000)

I'm new to this forum and need to add the local channel where it is greater than 5000. Channel master complaint that number should not be greater than 5000.
Is there away to get around this?

Thanks

G'day!

Been a member of various other A/V forums for years. Found this one while seeking info on a (future) difficult mount for a new Slimline dish, when I upgrade from my HR10-250.

The DishMount gold sponsor folks were able to help me out. And, they returned a call to me within the hour after I emailed a product question to them. Great folks there!

Cheers! :)

Hello!

Long time reader, first time poster. Just wanted to say hello and Thank You all for the great information that this site provides. Keep up the GREAT work!!
:D

Just want to say hi to everyone. I just rwgistered today. I love anything that deals in electronics from satellites to HD and audio components and computer building. I also want to thank everyone for all the information you give as I have learned and made good decisions based in the information I gather from these forums.​

Hi There!! New to the sat install thing but Im having alot of fun already. Hope to get some good ideas from others and possibly find out what all is available to do as far as work goes. Currantly a dish net installer looking to grow. The sky is the limit ha ha.

Hello everybody, this is Enkarta I live in Abu Dhabi. I am new to this hobby and i could use some guidance. I have two receivers 1) Astrovox VSr-2600 FTA plus and 2) Eurobox 2ci plus (with Iredeto Cam + old fun card), 1 Hotbird dish 1 NSS6 Dishand SkyStar2 installed in my PC and i really dont know how to get started. Interested in Discovery/science/AnimalPlanet and Cartoon channels.
Hope to learn a lot from you guys.

New Member onboard

Seems like every time I googled something about fta and setups this forum was one of the first "hits"..... so I joined.
My system is located at our northern AZ cabin where we spend about 5 months during the summer getting out of the heat in the Phoenix area. Several years ago I took a Primestar dish off my neighbors hand and used it for one-way internet. A couple years ago bought a Pansat 2500A but it set in the garage until I decided to take the plunge. Presently it's pointed at G-10R but I'm in the process of adapting it to a SG2100.
That's the history of the world.... part 1 !
I enjoy using the other guys experience and hope to add some of my own.