Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
Hola. I am a newbie. We live in Loreto, in Baja Ca, Mex, and are wondering what kind of satellite tv system would be best. We are in the southern baja, on the sea of cortez. Any help will be greatly appreciated. PS We really want college, especially pac-10, sports.
Gracias, Loretana

Hi I am hot_wheels, new to the forum. i am sure I will have lots of questions, so please be kind, remember we were all new at one time!

Thanks hot_wheels

Greeting!

Hello everyone,

Great site, glad I found it. Just got an HDTV (Regza 42" 1080P) and looking for some help on Dish vs DirectTV.

Got a lot of reading to do here!

hi everyone,
just switched over to satellite (dish network) from cable last month. have a 40" Sony Bravia and a Samsung 19" LCD connected to a VIP722 and a 211. I'm sure I have have a lot of questions, so I'm glad I found this great website!

Brand new Dish customer...

...so new in fact that it's not installed yet.

My installation date is next Wed so I came here to find out what I needed to know beforehand.

I'm in Beavercreek, OH (a 'burb of Dayton) and will be getting a 722 to feed my HDTV and a SD set and a 625 to feed the family room SD set and the SD set in the guest room. I signed up for America's Top 250 and added a $20/month HD package. I was told my satellite dish will be a 1000.2.

Dish does not provide HD locals to the Dayton area, so I'm losing that functionaly that I have with my TW account.

What else do I need to know to make this transition as smooth as possible?

Last edited:
Hello everyone. New to FTA and trying to setup everything. It's fustrating right now but hopefully will find the answers to my many questions. I'm looking forward to watching FTA channels once I can finally get a signal.

jimbcac

Hi am one of those "cold dead fingers" cband guys..it is getting
pretty slim out there tho. compared to 10 years ago..
WIll read these pages in hopes of more access to more
satellite programming

Jim Beardsley
Gold Bar, WA

I'm fairly new to the dish world and have learned some things that are correct and some that are not. Now I am sorting it out trying to grasp this thing they call Sat. TV. I learn well and don't mind helping.
I hope all of you, the the best.

Universal Remote?

I'm new to DishNetwork HDTV. Since the remote(s) they issued with my (Echostar) 722 DVR don't have many of my DVD or TV functions, I'm looking for a "universal" remote that will work with the 722.

Any ideas out there?

Hello from Western NY

Hi everyone,

I just found this site and, while by no means am I an audiophile or videophile, I do hope to learn from the many informed and educated folks whose posts I've read so far. I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their patience with my lack of knowledge and hope you'll indulge me with what I'm sure will be very basic questions to which I have no knowledge.

B.K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)