Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

New member lost on the site

Greetings all,

I'm a late baby boomer who knows the history of the first trans-atlantic radio message (check out my name), but I'm asking for help with mobile satellite for RV/camping. Aint technology great??

Anyway,

I'm a current Dish suscriber, wanting to add satellite capabilty to my RV. I'm leaning toward the Vu Cube portable dish. I understand the 110/119 satellite move to see most channels (all in my case, dish 100 subscriber). I've searched and read many reviews on RV dishes, and am sold on the Vu Cube's ability to be located anywhere within a 100 foot RG6 radius. (Dome dishes while more secure and less obviuos are at the mercy of you campsite's location amungst the trees.) Also, I like the idea of being able to take the Cube elsewhere, hunting or tailgating.

It's not an option for me, or more accurately I'd rather spend the money for a second receiver, to avoid transporting my Vip 622 receiver with at least 15 cables going to it (audio/video composite RCA, component and S video, off air antenna, second/third room coax, digital fiber audio, and phone). It sucks to acces the back.

My question. I understand that the Vu Cube is designed for a single tuner receiver (i.e the dish 311). But with HDT off air soon to replace anaolg off air broadcasts, it make sense to me to purchase an HD satellite receiver with HD off air compatability (even if I don't need the HD capability yet in the RV (25 inch LCD, viewing from 5-6 feet).

Will the view cube work with a Dish VIP 211 receiver? (HD stellite single tuner receiver with off air HD capability).

Now even a harder question. My wife and I love DVR, especially the pause live video feature. If you study the DVR selection fro Dish, they are all two tuner receivers. (Think about it.). Is there a way to have DVR and Dish Network with the Vu Cube? Can the VIP 612 be configured for single LNB? I don't care about the ability to watch one program and record another (two tuners), just the ability to pause and rewind the program I am watching with the Vu Cube.

Thanks all.
Looking forward to input.

Marconi

Hello everyone!

New to Sat Tv Always been a cable slugger until recently..... Thanks for putting out such a great site to help novice's like myself become informed!

hi everyone!

i am glad to have found this site!...thanks for everything! it has been very helpfull... keep up the good work!...:)

Anxious to get going again.

Hi, I am a new member and also new to FTA. I used to play with cards/recievers. Looking forward to getting back into this hobby. Setting up with a Viewsat Pro, motorized dish, hard drive, etc. I am smack dab in the middle of the U.S. and gonna put the dish up high.

To buy 8PSK or NOT

Ready to buy Pansat 9200 hd . Already have high definition TV. I want high definition. Question: buy 9200 hd with 8PSK, or buy without 8PSK mod. Can I get high definition with 9200 hd out of the box.:hungry:

im a new guy

Ive been searching the net for a few weeks on this fta stuff. this site is very informative but limited info if your not a member...so here I am. I currently have dish network and im tired of paying. I love the features of the dual tuners so I can watch tv in one room and my wife can watch tv in the other room with one dvr tuner. Im looking to get the same features in a fta receiver that I have in my dish re ceiver. I want an HD tuner but they are way to expensive. Any recomendations on a tuner that will fit my needs? I look forward to brainstorming with you guys and getting addicted to this hobby. buy the way my zip is 85297 if that helps.
Thanks Tyler:up

I am here because I want to know why someone living next door to me gets ATT at 19.95 a month for high speed, and all I can get is either dialup or Wildblue/Hughenet? ATT clearly did not want to answer me why my neighbor gets it and I don't.

Problem with receiving any signal on tuner 2 Satellite 103c

Hello I am new to this...I hope that I am posting in the correct area. I am new to DirecTV since Feb.29th. Everything worked fine for a few days until day before yesterday until about only 1/2 of my HD channels would not display...Screen read Searching 2 satellite 771. I checked the signals on all satellites. Nothing on 99s or 103s and only about 85-89 on tuner 1 on satellite 103c no signal at all on tuner 2 satellite 103c All of the rest of the satellites had between 90 and 99 on both tuners. I am using brand new HR20. I was wondering what the specifications were regarding the signal strengths on the satellites listed. I telephoned the tech..he advised that 103c was the important one. I wanted to check with other experts to verify.

I am here because I want to know why someone living next door to me gets ATT at 19.95 a month for high speed, and all I can get is either dialup or Wildblue/Hughenet? ATT clearly did not want to answer me why my neighbor gets it and I don't.

How close is your next door neighbor? Where are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts