Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Newbe to FTA

Install alot of DTV and Dish, new to free to air and want to learn more, excited to be here, when can I post NEW THREAD?

Mr Ed

Hello Satellite Guys!

I don't get much time to check on things here. I signed up awhile back but this is my first post. Not much going on here at the rocket factory so I check on the posts.
I live on the southeast coast of FL country. Port St. Lucie to be more specific.
I got married 6 years ago and lost my big dish as I moved into my wife's house. I miss that beast! Along with the 4DTV receiver I had last.
I'm looking at retirement the end of October and so hopefully more time to check on places like this.
Have a good day, y'all!

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Been a Dish subscriber for for 10 years or so. Never had any problems or issues.

I've enjoyed what I've read here so far. Probably won't post much.

Gonna look around. Seems like a nice place.

Very New

Mr. Proto here, I am very new to this world, actually I heard about FTA from a fellow RVer while I was outside of Yosemite. I did not know that there was even such a thing. I do not have any equipment yet but I am on a fact finding mission to find out if this is the right thing for me. I actually live in Florida but am a retired teacher and try to be on the road for at least six months a year. I have always had cable, for a while I had a big C ban dish, but when things got scambled I gave up. I as a retired teacher and a traveller in an RV paying these gas prices do not have a lot of extra money and so I want to know what I am looking at. I do have some questions, where should I ask them?
Also am I doing this in the correct forum?

Hi Everyone, I joined a while back to help me figure out how to switch back and forth between TV1 and TV2 viewing on my TV2's. It took a while to find the info I needed, but I was able to get it working the way I wanted. Thanks!

Hello to all

Thanks for having me aboard the site. Looking forward to some interesting reading. Do not post much but love to read.
katman104

Hi musta missed this topic.I'm a crazy kanuck who enjoys customizing stuff that others throw out,like dishes,brackets etc and convert them into things I can use for FTA.Havent done much as I just started this in November and local bylaws say I'm not supposed to take other peoples junk from the garbage lol.I'll eventually find a C-band dish that I can actually fit in my backyard and have something different to play with.

Hello everyone.

Found this site, looking to switch from comcast to one of the satellite providers. I hate comcast. I am a definate noob, so bear with me:)

Scott

San Francisco - new member with Directv pixelation problem

Hi. You never know what you are going to find when you go on the internet. Who could believe that there are so many people interested in discussing satellite TV? I was looking for an answer to a question about my system when I found this site.

Pleased to meet you all.

I live in San Francisco and have a three Lnb dish feeding a powered multiswitch that splits the signals into eight coax cables, one being unused. I run four t.v.s; two directv/Tivos, one DirectvDVR, and one regular receiver. I had the system installed by a professional who does commercial installations because the initial Directv installation, (of a dual lnb, unpowered line), was pretty bad. None of my receivers is HD.

For the past six months, my pictures have been frequently pixelated, particularly on the channels around 250. Even though the dish is a commercial sized oval dish, my reception seems affected in those channels from fog, and, now with the forest fires south of San Francisco, smoke.

I just hosed off the dish which is the most that I can do since it is inaccessible without special equipment and was wondering what tests I could run to find out if there is a problem with my system and where it is, or if the problem is with Directv's satellite transmission.

If any of you have had similar problems, especially if you live in this neck of the woods, I'd appreciate hearing from you as well.

Thanks.

Cordially,
highhatsize

Last edited:
hi

hi i am new to fta i dont have a system yet i dont know much at all about fta were can i get info on fta what i need to get started how it all works thanks for any help any one can give pug81770