Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi Satellite Guys! I've never been a member of a forum before and I'm going to want to learn some stuff about FTA. Can anyone give me some good advise on how to start?

Thanks,

Martin468

Just want to say 'Hi!' I've had satellite TV since '83 on the C-band and Directv since '96. Got Tivo five years ago, then Directv's DVR last year. I think they took a step bacwards!

Hi all you guys! I`m ramdao, about a week old new in this forum, reactivating the BUD at

home after 16 years standing-by, and hopping to recieve suggestions & good advices

from you in how to put it back at work. (I will use a GI 920 reciever)

Thanks for Having Me

This is my first time posting, let me tell you a little something about myself. I am a DirecTV subscriber and technical writer for cable, broadcast, & satellite TV test equipment. I hope I can occasionally add something useful to the forums.

Hello I've been working in the business for a few years, mostly a headend facility and earth station doing C and Ku band from America and Europe.

Chris

Greetings. Glad to be a part of this site. Trying to get as much information as I can before the DirecTV installer comes in a few weeks. So far, I've figured out that I want a SWM8 installed in my new home because single RG6 lines have already been pre-wired and homerun in the house. Also figured out some equipment I was going to have installed next week was unnecessary so this forum has saved me a few bucks! I'll upgrade to HR21's but will try and keep my HR10-250 going as long as possible - I will miss the Tivo once HD is all MPEG-4.

Wow... up until 4 days ago, I had no idea what most of what I just wrote meant!

Hello everyone,

I'm also a newbee. My first hobby is photography. I'm trying to get back up and running with my viewstat ultra. You guys seems like a very nice group. "ll talk to you soon.