Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello everyone. I'm listening to all for information about FTA Satellite broadcasts and the equipment needed to enjoy FTA. Since we are RV Full-timers we'll be enjoying many local stations and want to expand to some other locations too.

Just joined and have NO IDEA of what I'm doing - ha.

Hello all, I guess I'm at the right place to say hello - I'm new at all this.

I've read several of the inquiries and replies and have been quite impressed with the support that the group gives to each other.

Thanks for the opportunity to join in.

I'm 61, work as a instrumentation technician at a major pharmeceutical plant.
I studied electronics technology at a junior college and, after graduation, started working toward a B.S. in Physics, but couldn't afford to stay in school.

I'm fairly new at satellite equipment -- about three years, and just added an FTA unit (the boss lady says that's enough dishes - got Dish Network too), so I guess I'll try to advance on this.

Greetings from the Mississippi Delta............

It sure is cool to find this site. I am digdug81, and have been installing DirecTV for about 8 years. I really enjoy the work, most of the time. Ya"ll know how that goes. So, thanks for the site that I can maybe get some real answers on!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I can't say I have the techincal background a lot of you do but I do work with computers everyday as an anayst at a computer software company. I only have D*TV but the FTA stuff really interests me. I love the amount of info that floats around this website. Glad to be a member.

It's nice to see some familiar faces from the old Dbsforums posting here. It was funny that this site asked me to post a welcome to the forum reply but selected the "What happened to DBSForums?" thread automatically.
Anyway, great to find some of the knowledgeable posters over here now.

Saying Hello

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say hello.

I'm having trouble with my Explorer 8300HD cable box and heard you guys were some of the best.

Hello all, I guess I'm at the right place to say hello - I'm new at all this.

I've read several of the inquiries and replies and have been quite impressed with the support that the group gives to each other.

Thanks for the opportunity to join in.

I'm 61, work as a instrumentation technician at a major pharmeceutical plant.
I studied electronics technology at a junior college and, after graduation, started working toward a B.S. in Physics, but couldn't afford to stay in school.

I'm fairly new at satellite equipment -- about three years, and just added an FTA unit (the boss lady says that's enough dishes - got Dish Network too), so I guess I'll try to advance on this.

Greetings from the Mississippi Delta............

Welcome DishDigger

the boss lady says that's enough dishes
Now that would scare me. Maybe thats why I'm single. I kind of think that when you get hitched you lose your free choice in what you want to get. It would me like having a iPod with just one song on it! lol Just kidding if you got a good wife there its good, I like my Dish Farm too.

Hi!

I am new here, but deal with SatTV for past 7 years. I am looking for the footprints of new Echostar 11. Can anyone point me to any reference website?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Alexander

Hi, I am VDS and absolutely new to FTA. I was looking in to FTA for a while, but was not sure. Finally bought a WorldTV system. The system should receive signal from Galaxy 25.
I looked in many places, and it seems this site has the best support.
First I how do I post a question? I tried to post the question below in the chat room, but it looks like I have limits on chat room. Where do I post my Questions? And can someone help me with the question below?
I installed the system per instructions, and everything was fine for about a week. Then we had a thunderstorm. We lost the signal during the storm, but got it back afterwards. Next morning no signal anymore. I tried to readjust the dish with no success. Since I had the dish on a fence post, someone told me that it is too shaky and I should move the dish. I moved and mounted the dish on my garden shed. No luck at all. I both a satellite finder from the Radioshack, but no luck here too. Per instruction I have the dish Azimuth, Elevation, Skew on 223, 39.8, 114 respectively. Could someone tell me what am I doing wrong?
Also, how sensitive is the dish direction? Could be off 1, 2, ... degree?
Thanks,
VDS.

Hello to all you geniouses!

I somehow stumbled upon this site to find answers to my Directv systems and I always find myself coming back to this site.

I am a Systems Supervisor at a logistics facility located in Northern Indiana. I enjoy troubleshooting all types of electronics. I am also a Lieutenant for the local fire department. When I am not fighting fires, I really enjoy watching HD Television (when it works).

Hiya guys, my name is Ricky, I'm from Wisconsin (please don't ask about Farve) I've just made the switch from the Evil Empire (TWC) to DirecTV, I've also been a long time Sirius Radio use.
I come over from:
MilwaukeeHDTV.org

Hi,

My name is Weldon, I am 67 years old and I am retired. I live in St Anthony, Idaho. :)

I need to find out how to subscribe to dish by the month in my RV. I have a receiver that has a card in it and have a dish on the roof of the RV, I just need to know how to subscribe and how much it might be. Thanks in advance for any helpl

Hi to all members!. First time at this site and new to this. I hope to learn a lot from you guys. Looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone\