Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

surfmex

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to say it's a pleasure to join, and hopefully I can get some answers to questions about FTA and taking my Direct TV with us when my wife and I head back down to the coast of mainland Mexico again this winter. I haven't started on my FTA project yet. I hope that means I haven't thrown away anything but time so far. If I can get enough good tv out of FTA, I'd just love to be able to box up all our Direct TV stuff and send it back! But until then, I would like to hear from anyone who has used Direct TV in Mexico near Puerto Vallarta. What size dish must I have, etc. The same goes for FTA. I talked to Steve at Sadoun yesterday and he thought I'd be able to pick up Direct without much problem, but not for sure.This is with a dish on a tripod, a Direct TV receiverhooked to a Visio 32" lcd tv. I've got it working in my yard, but that's not 2000 miles south in Mexico. Thanks in advance for advice and help, Walt, aka surfmex.

The New Guy

Hello everyone,

Just joined the forum yesterday and I'm glad to be onboard. Lots of great information available. Have been a Dish Network customer for 9 years and will be looking for some Tech Help on receiver compatibility issues. Have broused the site and am looking forward to some real insite from what looks to be some real Tech savy people... Glad to be here and hope I can be a part of the solution at some point in the future. ;)

General Info

Hi ,
I'm brand new to all of this and have some questions as to how to proceed and what equipment to purchase. I have a Dish Network 500 dish and I was wondering what reciever to purchase to recieve HD signals?I was looking at the Sonicview HD8000 although I was told that the dish I have needs to have 3-LNBs and I have only 2. Will that reciever work to recieve a HD signal with that particular dish?

Rebuilding

Hello folks! Have not had C band up since 1999. Am now going to join the 21st century and go digital C. The 8 foot dish is back on a new pole at our new digs and some new parts are on order. I hope I get the Motorola 922 hooked to an HDD 200 in the very near future and my Chrismas present will be a Samsung 52" LCD over the mantle, my wife's idea, honest, bless her........Wish me luck.....:rolleyes:

Tower site

Joined today, though I'm not sure if it is functional for me. I own a tower site in Colorado, and am curious about the translator needs for the Denver TV stations. I came across SatelliteGuys during a google search; "dtv range of denver stations".

I joined today and am looking forward to learning about how it all works. I have three DirecTV receivers. One is an HR-15 wired to a KVH in motion dish mounted on top of a motorhome. So far, it has worked well in most of the US and parts of Canada. Another is an HR 21 HD DVR in a condo.

Bill

Hello

I am a new member and a Dish network user in the VI. there is little or no support ere and the 800 dish network people appear to go out of their way to be unelpfl. I learned of you from a member wfho I talked to and he said you were a great source of good information. I have a DVR 510 which recently began erasing save programs once they became 6 or 7 days old even though I had 80+ of my 100 hours still available. Dishnetworks response: Buy a new reciever".. Wow, our service is both terrible, exensive and disinterested so send uys more money. What a good idea. NOT!

SO I M CHECKING IN WITH YOU.

ANY GOOD IDEAS OUT THERE?

THANK YOU

AMBERTHECAT

Hi

I have been installing for 4 years and it seems I have missed out on all the great information this site has to offer. I hope to keep learning from this useful format. I hope you all have a safe and clean install.

Hi gang. I am a long time user and retired 10 years now but working part time to support my ATV and GPS mapping habits. I have been up and down with the DTV and TIVO issues. Presently have the HD21 and is ok when it is not locked up. I am a volunteer with the Sheriff's boating safety officers now for 10 years as well. I was lucky enough to retire at the age of 51 as part of an early retirement package after working 33 years for the City of Los Angeles DWP as a Heavy Construction Mechanic.
Glad to find this forum as there are always questions to be answered in the industry especially so I look forward to lurking and learning from you all. This seems like a very friendly forum which is NOT the norm for most. See ya all down the road.

Just gettin on board

glad to be here looks like this site gots lots of new info and dissucions going on here so willbe around here for awile.

Hello

Hello everyone and greetings from central Florida. Been lurking for a lil bit, so i decided to sign up. Lots of great info and advise plus some great folks too. Jumping into these new HD toys. Hope i can learn as well share some knowledge too.

Hallo to everyone. This site looks amazing. Lots of sections. I'm gona like it here.
Thanks for allowing me to be a member. Hope to continute to the site. Thank you guys and gals.

Howdy...

Thanks for this site. I look foward to looking through it. I'm new to the whole satellite thing but I think i've cought the bug. :)

To think i've been a geeky computer tech for this long and havn't messed with this stuff. Glad I found ya'll.

Hello...just dropping a line to say hi. Look forward to getting all kinds of good info and giving back when I know as well. Cheers :)