Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi I'm from Guanica, Puerto Rico married with kids. I love to play videos,ride my bike, see tv "dish and "janguiar"= party all the time specialy with my wife. I'm a happy person. I find out about this forum from a friend. because i love everything about satellite sistem.

Jack Here

Hello Buddy…

I am Jack and here for getting some information on satellite TV services. I know about some basic services rules but I just want to clear my points. I hope I found some more unique information. I am also tried to give the answer of some question.

Thanks,

Figured I've been lurking for too long and need to post my first message, so here it is! :D

I used to do a lot of Wild Feed hunting about 15-20 years ago on C-Band... I'm looking to get started again with KU-Band DVB feeds...

Hi to all satellite guys...... this is the best site especially for BUD and FTA a wealth of technical details and knowledge.... is there a compiled handbook of all of the problems/solutions .......

Scott, all
Thanks for supporting and moderating this site, I had trouble pointing the dish. By Searching the forum I got needed answers. But I feel like a monkey typing random keys and every once in a while I hit the right focus and get my banana.
I'd like to understand how two satellites use one dish, avoid DISH charges, and of course how to point the dish quickly and accurately every time I move and park my RV. After 20 moves I have the angles down, and can hit 110 or 119 most of the time. but I don't know why I am successful. Seems more luck than science for me. I use the same equipment on the road that I have at home, not specialized (expensive) RV stuff...

Is there a good book on satellite setup and theory?

Tia.

PS I grew up in Central Conn, but live in the foothills of San Joaquin valley.

Hello Everybody...kinda new to FTA... but so far through FAQ on forums I managed a lot.
Have two boxes a Pansat 2700a and a Viewsat Ultra.
Since N3 (DN) I switched to Amazonas 61.0 W.
From my location (Netherland Antilles 12º 9' N, 68º 27 W) Azimuth 146.5º Elevation 73º I managed to setup the VS ultra receiver. The Pansat unfortunately not yet.
Is there a Telefonica bin for the Pansat 2700a? After scanning while I have transponders alredy keyed in I find no result. Any sugestions?

Hello just joined and thought I'd say hello. I live in Scotland but I'm always interested in what's happening satwise on the other side of the pond.

You can always learn new things.

I use a Technomate receiver and have a few different dishes out back but nothing motorized.

I get a fair section of channels but I only watch FTA, guess I'm careful with money.

Will keep reading and learning.

All the best

IrnBru ( this is a Scottish soft (means non alcoholic) drink ). :)

Last edited:
the new guy

Hopefully I am a better forum member than the movie was....well a movie for lack of a better word, but Eliza Dushku is HOT!!!!!!
Crazy its the same girl as Bobby D's (Robert Deniero) daughter in "This Boy's Life"

Anyway long time reader and first time poster. One of many I am sure.

merkin

Howdy from Texas

Hey all — Howdy from the capitol of Texas!

I just joined the forums AND Dish Network! This place seems like a very valuable resource. I've been here for 15 minutes now and already learned a bunch.

Cheers,
~s

First Time Post!

Hello Everyone!

After several months of prodding at each login by the sysops of this site, I decided to finally sit down and write a little bit about me, introduce myself, and say hello!

I have been using this site for a while to answer technical issues with D*TV's HR-23/700, and I have to say that this site is the compendium of all knowledge satellite TV related.

I worked as a D*TV and EchoStar installer for a few years, in addition to my full time job. I liked the work, and often would contract out my services for home theatre installation, which I have become somewhat of an expert.

With the boom of HDTV sales in 2005-2006, I was always booked 5-6 days a week with installations, but then came companies like Geek Squad (which I don't recommend) and other national chains who did the work. I have been called many times by homeowners to come in and fix the problems that the "national chains" didn't address.

Home Theatre has become a bit of a hobby as well, with an emphasis on TiVo related items. My favorite is the D*TV TiVo (Not the R-10), but either the Philips or the Samsung models. I currently have 6 DVR's from D*TV, Four of them being old SD TiVo’s (each with almost 500 hours of storage (with MRV features and TiVo Web), and two HR23/700's, both with 4TB External Storage (RAID Enclosures, giving me more hours of recording than I shall ever need. I also have a stand-along TiVo, but unfortunately it only has an analog tuner. In the last five months, I've acquired the SlingBox Pro HD, which I just love, as I can watch local TV on my BlackBerry.

I want to thank the D*TV CE Program managers here at the site, I waited for almost 8 months before deciding to upgrade to a CE release, because unlike the TiVo, which uses a Linux OS, D*TVs completely proprietary systems truly are a big pain in the neck.