Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

How do we get started?

Hi

We are new to this and want to get started with C/Ku Band.

What Dish recommendations/Review and equipment reviews can you direct us to.

What do we need?

We realize we have alot of research to do but need help getting started

Hi

Signed up today, lots of info here in the forums.

We've had Direct for 4 years but may be switching, since we have to get all new equipment to facilitate their new satellite for local channels. It's like that Mac commercial, "I have to move my stuff anyway..."

Hello, I am njc5538 a/k/a Larry from North Jersey. Escaped from Cable 9 years ago to DirecTV & been with DTV ever since. I have the NFLST & NHLCI packages and sometimes think I'll need a part-time job just to pay the DTV bill ! I went HD in March & almost cancelled the NFLST when I found out you had to buy the Superfan option to get the games in HD, but they gave me the Superfan free for one year--next time I may not be so lucky. Anyway---I enjoy the technical information & discussion I see on this site and, who knows, I might even add to it once in a while. C-ya, Larry

Hello. I'm a new guy. I've been with DishNetwork for about 10 years and looking for some information and options on some upgrades. Looking forward to absorbing a lot of "stuff".

Hello

I am a fan of satellite, but frustrated by limitations. I feel locked into Dish Network because I get Distant Channels. On the other hand I love the technology with the Slingbox and great receivers. Just wish I got MLB Network.

Hello

Hello
Name here is Dan, I just recently ordered a new FTA system with a Traxis DBS3500 receiver, Motor and 76CM dish..I had a system about 10 years ago but had to sell it and I miss it alot so I decided to get back into it again, have been a dish network customer for about 8 years now and also use wildblue internet..My other hobby is ham radio and scanners, this looks like a great site with plenty of info, look forward to talking to you in the future..

Hi guys,

My name is Jon and located 1/2 a world away.

I have 16 dishes from 1' offset to 10' solid prime focus and everything in between. I do an autoscan of our Asian satellites for satcodx, I am a member of the PLi software development team (wiki writer) and own a satellite company here in Thailand.

I am interested to see what you guys are seeing over there as we only share (your west cost c band users that is) the c band satellites at 166e, 169e and 172e .

Here we see from 26e to 172e.

Nice site and keep up the good work chaps.

hi... how are you guys... i always watch TV.. so im in love with satellite ;) i have just moved to florida and i need to learn from you guys.... im not totally newbie.. but you can say im newbie hehehe...thanks

Hello

Hi guys,

About 15 years ago I decided on a satellite system in order to watch some European programs I couldn’t get on cable. After I installed my c-band system I was amazed at the variety of programming as well as the picture quality. My technical skills and knowledge are limited. I have basic understanding of BUD and the small dish providers but not enough to call myself proficient. Currently I live in Drayton, ND which is about 45 miles north of Grand Forks. As soon as I am done with my PhD I plan on moving back to CA. or NM as winters here are extremely cold.

Thank you for having me as I am looking forward to learning more about the satellite world. :)

Hi there! I'm pretty dumb on the subject of satellite TV, and am looking for info on whether or not DirectTV is available in Nayarit, Mexico, about 35 miles north of Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific coast. If not, what solutions are available? It's for an American citizen who lives in Mexico. Thanks.

Okay. I bie-new. Hola, hello, whatever...

Question: Is there a discussion weighing the good, bad & ugly of cable vs. satellite? Specifically DirecTV vs. Dish vs. Comcast?

This newbie will be moving next month into a 'new' home without any existing cable or satellite feeds. Currently I have an (4 year) old Hughes DirecTV TiVo unit from WeaKnees that we've been happy with ... until recently when the rules for Pay-Per-View rules changed to a 24 hour limit.

Now I want to upgrade (finally) to HD, network the (next) recorder, view recordings from any of three rooms, and win the Illinois lotto. Any advice?

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Best wishes to you and yours this holiday.
I'm a refugee from the "waiting for a Nagra 3 patch" crowd. Decided against going the IKS route so, looks like I'm going legit. And it looks like this is the site I need to accomplish that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts